Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NewbiEP3
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2.0l 2003 Civic Si... Only 1 previous owner, car is cuhleaan, with no Mods... I want to do this car right! I've put money into getting the suspension right, changed the serpentine belt, brakes, and basically everything to get the car running smooth.

Now I'm looking for an air intake. I have heard arguments both ways -> Short Ram vs. Cold Air. vs. Short Ram with Heat Shields... I don't want to go cheap and have heat soaking problems or one that is going to allow a bunch of crud into my engine (I live in Michigan where there is ALWAYS salt on the road) or one that is just going to sound good, but will bog down my HP.

I could use some help... What is the best route to take?

I know there are a million threads out there, but I could use some guidance...

Thanks everyone!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
best is an rsx type-s cai.....bigger id and best hp gain

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
id=inside diamiter of the piping.....most of the dc, injen and alike are the same...the type-s is larger because they make more hp stock...the bends are just about the same and you get a washer bottle that you do not need for the ep.

·
NewbiEP3
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id=inside diamiter of the piping.....most of the dc, injen and alike are the same...the type-s is larger because they make more hp stock...the bends are just about the same and you get a washer bottle that you do not need for the ep.
Gotcha, thanks!

What about drop in filters? Is there a performance/sound increase with drop in's?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
yes

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
What wothwhile?....are you going to do 11 second quarters with them....no
are you going to get a hp increase...a little....

·
NewbiEP3
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What wothwhile?....are you going to do 11 second quarters with them....no
are you going to get a hp increase...a little....
I mean just in comparison to the stock filter... haha! I'm not out there for 11 second quarters... just trying to find out what's best for my DD ;)

Thanks for the info!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
you will get more hp with the cai

1 - 11 of 11 Posts