Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Past Driver’s Ed
608 Posts
That's kind of a vague question. Really depends on you engine build. Just remember you need a balance system by keeping components sized proportionate to each other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dc5sandbag that makes sense. Im should match the tb I guess what I meant was 70mm or 74mm which is better? Or does it not really matter. My setup right now is I/h/e

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
"Best" is a relative term. Do your research and find which one suits your needs. No one on here can tell you what will work best for your car. One guy will say RBC, another might say PRC. Use the search button at the top of the page.

Any manifold you swap will require a tune to take advantage of the increased flow. If you don't know how to get tuned, search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It really depends on engine displacement, headwork, cams, intake manifold, and rpm's. Honda has researched this subject well and found 62mm TB works for 2.0L & retains excellent throttle response .

The 2.4L Honda found 64mm throttle worked best.

I am not saying a bigger throttle body will not make more power, surveys say the gains are small and short lived in the high rpm's. If you have awesome bolt-ons, a good Kpro tuner should be able to make small gains with a 70mm at the butterfly plate, you lose some pop in the sprints leaving the apex to outer part of turns.

It is up to you though. My two cents, send the 62mm tb off to Maxbore 65mm @ butterfly and tappered to 70mm @ enterance. I believe Spoon uses the same design, oem bore and tapper. Then you need to port match the Intake manifold enterance 0.25mm over for fitment play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts