Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any base owners having their throttle body's bored out to compliment their intake? Seems like a good combination since you're losing resistance to flow when you install a good aftermarket intake and the throttle body is the next piece of equipment in-line. Seems like the first bottleneck would be at the TB after tossing the stock intake.
Anyway, I'm thinking I'll have Kingmotorsports bore out my throttle body before installing CAI.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i'm hoping to get this done in the summer!

D

·
Beantown
552 Posts
yeah im def interested in this as well... i was just looking at some stuff up for it.. how much hp gain u think this will run us for the 400-500 bucks it will cost?

·
13,138 Posts
kings cost about 150 i think to get it bored. but i dont know of its efficiency on the base. for type-s's, if u have a bored TB, u would need to compliment that with the type-R intake manifold. i'ma make a post about this in N/A forum and see how the n/a experts respond.

·
13,138 Posts
i forgot to mention. bored TB will NOT be very useful for the base unless u have aftermarket cams. it might yield some HP but nothing big. all that air going in but it will bottleneck somewhere. still gona confirm this in the n/a.

·
Beantown
552 Posts
its too bad they dont make aftermarket cams for the base yet :( ... but they are in progress.. which means another year :( again

·
Beantown
552 Posts
to the crank or to the wheels u thinking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts