Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2004 RSX Type-S in November 2010, pretty much stock except a Skunk2 megapower catback, aftermarket deck, and Rockford Fosgate p3 subs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
within the first year I got HIDs, Rotas, painted calipers, and smoked the lights since they looked foggy anyways

then I picked up the black housing lights for a good deal with yellow foglights (not yet installed)

·
CRSX troll
176 Posts
Looks great so far! Maybe lower it a bit and do a 05-06 front conversion??? Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sanded the yellow down for more clear, but got busy and didn't have time to finish before winter. got new rims in the spring though

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the paint finished last week :)
Redid the nite shades on the lights and used clearcoat over them too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea some don't like the yellow, it's definitely a bold choice but I like it better than the typical colors people always choose. Definitely gets noticed, people always know when its me. I've only seen a handful of yellow RSXs, and never any in person besides my own

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow painted it without a paint booth. I can only imagine all dust and debris that's stuck to your paint right now.
haha yea, I had to wait for perfect conditions. Its actually pretty clean, people are always surprised when I tell them it was painted in my backyard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
gonna be lowered real soon, that's next for sure ;)

I wasn't really feelin the two-tone that I did last year, but didn't want 100% yellow either, so when I resprayed it this year I just did the hood/roof/top of spoiler black. There's gunmetal flakes in the black too, which match the rims really well and look amazing in person when the sun hits it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your ride is tight man, did you use tint or spray on your lights?
They were peeling the factory coating so I tried tint but it gets all wrinkly and looks like shit. What I did was wet sand them with a really fine sandpaper, spray a little nite shades, and used the same clearcoat that's on the car on top. Looks much better and much more durable than my old ones I did with rattle-can clear

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
wow in a backyard?! CRAZY

But my god how can you stand it not lowered? That's always the very first thing I do to any of my Hondas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah man, I'm in that same boat right now. I put the tint on the lights about 3 years ago and boy are they shitty now. I was thinking about buying some LED lights and then just getting those painted black, so the cops won't give me such a tough time. I'm not skilled enough to do it my self, and its tough to find a body shop around my area (Little Rock, AR) who will do it.

Your lights came out really good!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow in a backyard?! CRAZY

But my god how can you stand it not lowered? That's always the very first thing I do to any of my Hondas
Haha I really can't stand not being lower. I wanted to do it right though, no lowering springs or cutting, and just didn't want to spend that much at the time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts