Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i went to go look at the evo and sti again today, and i've recently desided i want to go turbo. or i hope to if the money comes in :laughing:. the evo and sti have the 'spray' thing to cool the intercooler down and what not. is it possible, or has anyone done this ? thought it would be really cool to be able to install one of those in our cars. :wavey:

·
Registered
284 Posts
i drove the sti a few days ago, my friend works at subaru. first of all that car is fast as hell, and the adjustable HID? all it does it spray water onto the intercooler. you might as well just buy the nx-ntercooler sprayer, it will work alot better

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nx-ntercooler sprayer = you hook it up? or is it just in a spray bottle type thing, and you pop the hood and shoot it? lol

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
you hook it up to co2 on n2o and the put a "sprayer" over the intercooler, and when n2o goes from liquid (like 1100 psi) to gas (14.7) it gets cold as hell. colder, denser air has more oxygen molecules. the more oxygen the more power. it works from a solenoid from either a switch in the cabin or a WOT switch. about $500 and around 50-55whp

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
I've heard from a couple people that it doesn't give you that much of a power increase(50-55whp). I've heard more like maybe 25-30 and I think Elevation has that on his Stage 2 CN.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
no, thats a nx purge.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
dupontrsx said:
I've heard from a couple people that it doesn't give you that much of a power increase(50-55whp). I've heard more like maybe 25-30 and I think Elevation has that on his Stage 2 CN.
yeah i guess it would matter on what kind of car it is on. i think the 52whp was on an evo. maybe the intercooler isnt as efficient as some of the aftermarket ones :dontknow:

i didnt think that elevation has even used it yet?? i know he had around 360whp on 20lbs and that was with out using the sprayer. I would like to get one but i have other things that need to get taken care of first. :spin:

·
1,091 Posts
at least you have a turbo shoo I'd be happy just having one and reading your sig you basically got a stage 2-and-some-change with the pistons rods and guard. What are you dynoing? You're also right cause I remember a past thread where elevation said that he didn't use the spray when he dynoed. By the way doe she still post on these boards and where are the in car or ANY vids for that matter of boosted cars. All these people have turbos on their cars but there's like 2 vids of boosted RSX'.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
i dont understand what you said about hooking it up to co2 to n20 kracker.,. cant u just spray n20 at the intercooler? i like the purge kit too, so if i wanted to use n20 to cool my intercooler and purge, is that possible? hmmmmm i smell turbo within 2 months... :D

·
1,091 Posts
I think co2 is cheaper but if I'm not mistaken n2o is colder than co2 which would make it more efficient.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
plus i want to purge n20, not co2.. haha.. but is this a popular thing to do, cooling turbos with co2 or n2o? does anyone know how much these kits run?

·
1,091 Posts
they're around 350 or so NX makes one.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
co2 is much cheaper then nitrious...by far. a 10lb bottle of n2o is around $40-50 while co2 is around maybe $10-15. plus you can get co2 filled anywhere that does paint ball supplies, fire extinguishers or other things like that. and n2o is only at car supply shops which are far and wide around here.

you can purge with co2 the same way as nitrious. also, both put out extremley cold gas. i would even think that they would be equal because your going from a liquid that boils at like 97 degrees at 1000psi to atmopheric pressure 14.7. when you would purge n2o no body would know the difference because they would both be a white cloud.

I could have got the nx intercooler kit: bottle, lines, solenoid, etc. for a little over $300.

I havnt got to the dyno yet....im still in break-in period. the revhard turbo is efficiant to 25-30psi or 450whp. so im thinking to set my boost controller to 20lbs for daily driver and maybe 22 or 23 for the track. it almost works out for every 1lb of boost is 15whp, but after 25-30 its putting more hot air in than good and efficiency goes to shit.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
kracker how much for co2 kit, and do the bottles look nice? or are they crappy looking so i would have to hide it? lol.. do a lot of people cool their intercoolers with compressed gaseS?

·
1,091 Posts
its the same as a nitrous bottle just a little smaller. same logos and everything

·
Registered
278 Posts
elevation never used his intercooler spray ... and how would hook up a purge kit onto your car ... would you have to do it the same way at the skyline in 2f2f ... or what ... and are the intercooler spray kits hard to install ... or pro install needed?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts