Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...i had my car for a little over 3 weeks...i was wonderin what kind of supplies u use to clean the interior?? i heard armor all collects lint....what do u think??

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Frosty said:
Well, I like the cleaner found with the SEARCH BUTTON :D
Sorry... I'm getting in touch with my feminine side. It's a bitch.

303 Protectant, Vinylex, Lexol (for the leather), Bissell carpet cleaner. That's about all.
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Okay, I have some very basic questions and since this is already near the top and I don't feel like doing a search - what do you use on the plastic pieces on the dash and doors, and on the perforated section of the dash above the gauge cluster?

I can figure Lexol for the perforated parts of the seats and door panels + steering wheel, and Vinylex for the vinyl parts of the seats, but I'm not familiar with 303 Protectant. Do you use the 303 on the plastic?

·
Registered
1 Posts
how do i keep my carpet on the inside clean

ok i have cloth seats and carpet but unfortunatly i made the mistake of choosing black not only is it really hot when the sun is beating down on it it is also almost impossible to keep clean what should i do it is very frustrating i vacum it one and it is dirty the next somebody please help :dontknow:

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
armor all extreme shine works for me

·
FUNKtional DC5
175 Posts
What do you guys use to clean the interior?

specifically like the dash and door panels. i dont want it to start blingin' up i just want to clean the areas but have a clean matte finish to it.

·
You'll say wow everytime.
8,001 Posts
I LOVE ArmorAll protectant wipes... I've never had a problem with lint. Especially if you take the time to go back over everything with a soft towel afterwards to wipe off excess, it'll look great, lasts a long time, and actually works well to protect everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I keep a lint remover handy and use it for the cloth seats for touch up lint and also for the dash and sides but for the dash i like using the swiffer! it collects the dust from the cracks and crevices

·
Registered
290 Posts
logistixz said:
specifically like the dash and door panels. i dont want it to start blingin' up i just want to clean the areas but have a clean matte finish to it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Frosty said:
Well, I like the cleaner found with the SEARCH BUTTON :D
Sorry... I'm getting in touch with my feminine side. It's a bitch.

303 Protectant, Vinylex, Lexol (for the leather), Bissell carpet cleaner. That's about all.

ouch - thats snappy "internet biotch" :laughing: ;)

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
QuickSilverX7 said:
What's a good cleaner for the dash and stuff like that?
A damp towel ought to do the trick for the perforated dash. Vinylex can be used on the rest of the trim with a foam pad.

·
Your average Tau'ri
167 Posts
I know there's a bunch of posts out there about which is the best way to clean the textured dash in our cars. Believe it or not, the best thing I have found to clean it is the small Swifer Dusters. You can find them at any Wal-Mart. Those little dusters are the best damn thing when it comes to keeping a car dust-less. They work very well with the engine compartment too... Because of their small size, you can fit it just about anywhere. My engine looks like it was the day I bought it (11/2003). All I do is dust it everytime I wash my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts