Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could somebody possibly measure the distance from the back of the car to the back of the front seats with the rear seats folded down. I am trying to figure out if something will fit and I don't have access to my car for another month. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
depends on where you have the front seats set for....if you have a midget driving you can fit a lot more in the back

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye i am aware of that but i guess just in the average position. Just looking for a ballpark figure .

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the item is a 6'8 surfboard so on its side it could run between the two seats. I have a 2500mile drive with it so I hope it fits alright.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
I say protect your roof and strap it to the top

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about doing that but its such a long drive that I'd be worried. I really hope it fits.

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
the item is a 6'8 surfboard so on its side it could run between the two seats. I have a 2500mile drive with it so I hope it fits alright.
doable.. but you wont be able to see out your passenger side mirror or window (depends on how it fits)

i had to do this with a dresser door.. for ~30 miles.. i was lucky and had a friend to check the lanes while i switched lanes..

and if you have it hang out your trunk... your MPG will drop a lot from drag forces.. and if you hit any bumps your hatch will rock up and down and bang up the board...

your best bet/safest is to strap to the roof of car... and secure it.. and protect the car and board...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Actually it should fit not too bad if you put it between the seats on its side...my snowboard is nearly 6 feet long and it doesnt even go past my seat and I put my seat at a normal position. Another foot shouldnt be an issue

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats great to hear. Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Lean your pass seat all the way back, fold down the back seat, then roll your window down, stick the front of the board out the window, and roll with it that way. But thats a long way to go hoping it doesnt rain...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.