Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what else DOESN'T go wrong with the interior of our lovely cars..

i have 8000 miles keep in mind..

my floor mat has been worn down from my foot resting there. never happened to any other car i know of.

the interior scratches if you squint too hard at.. yeah everyone knows that

what REALLY pisses me off.. my seat looks like shit.. the leather is cracking like crazy :jigglemad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Take care of your stuff :thumbsup:

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
My leather was cracking like MADD, i have bout 37k on my car now, but It was def cracking and I took it to the dealership and they said "that shouldnt be happening, we are going to replace em" So the did and it was covered under warranty so i didnt havta pay!!

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
I live in AZ with 110+ summers that my car endures all day in the sunnlight. I have no crackled leather and my interior is good. 38000 miles on the car right now. I use eagle One leather Conditioner on the seats. It rox!! Pinnacle is supposed to have good leather conditioner as well. Have Acura replace your seats under warranty, then invest in some of that.

·
Mental Health
135 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
My leather was cracking like MADD, i have bout 37k on my car now, but It was def cracking and I took it to the dealership and they said "that shouldnt be happening, we are going to replace em" So the did and it was covered under warranty so i didnt havta pay!!
How did the new leather hold up? Was it the same material? Or higher quality leather? And did it crack at all? I only have about 8k w/ over a year of ownership and it cracks like shit.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
wraith501 said:
How did the new leather hold up? Was it the same material? Or higher quality leather? And did it crack at all? I only have about 8k w/ over a year of ownership and it cracks like shit.
It was the same seats, just new leather covers, basically the leather we have is like a jacket, it zips right on, so they replaced it with brand new leather. And its doing fine now, but i have never used leather conditioner or anything kinda leather product on my old ones, I am gonna start using it on these new ones thou. Best of luck, they should replace em for free

·
Mental Health
135 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
It was the same seats, just new leather covers, basically the leather we have is like a jacket, it zips right on, so they replaced it with brand new leather. And its doing fine now, but i have never used leather conditioner or anything kinda leather product on my old ones, I am gonna start using it on these new ones thou. Best of luck, they should replace em for free
Cool, thanks for the reply, I'll definitely go get it replaced.

·
Mental Health
135 Posts
gmoney said:
speaking of leather seats...are the base seats exactly the same except fabric?
Yeah it's the exact same design, just that the base comes standard with cloth but you can get leather as an option.

·
Mental Health
135 Posts
gmoney said:
cuz i have i was thinking about swapping my two front seats for cloth seats
Why not go check out the dealership if you can get the cloth seat covers instead of the hassle of swapping it out? Might be cheaper too.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
even the cloth ones are screwy. it comes out of the headrest every so often and u hafta get it fixed. they fixed mine once, replaced it once, and then have had to fix it once since.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
haven't had any kind of problems with my leather seats so far :cool:

·
Registered
803 Posts
my dealer told me that it was normal wear and that they wouldn't do anything about the seats.

sorry fuckers!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
my leather is coming off where the plastic headrest piece is the leather is peeling back, i guess im gonna take it to uphostry shop, anyone else with this prob?

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
yeah, my leather is starting to crack too, and I only have 8300 miles. i use lexol about once every 10-12 days :(

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have actually had all 4 seat covers for both front seats changed over now, first the passenger seat, and driver back within a year of my car, and the driver seat and passenger back last summer. all under warrenty w00t!
the newer leather is alot softer, and holding up alot better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts