Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i've been noticing a lot of fog and frost building up on the interior windows in my 02 RSX-S. It usually happens when theres someone else in the car with me but it also happens when im driving alone. I try blasting heat and a/c at it but that barely clears it up at all and its very hard for me to see my surroundings making it unsafe to drive. I've tried using the the rain x anti fog treatment and it worked for about a week but now theres a layer of white frost building up on the windows and its very hard to wipe off. Any ideas of what this may be? I'm from Chicago and we are currently having very low temperatures.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
543 Posts
Lately i've been noticing a lot of fog and frost building up on the interior windows in my 02 RSX-S. It usually happens when theres someone else in the car with me but it also happens when im driving alone. I try blasting heat and a/c at it but that barely clears it up at all and its very hard for me to see my surroundings making it unsafe to drive. I've tried using the the rain x anti fog treatment and it worked for about a week but now theres a layer of white frost building up on the windows and its very hard to wipe off. Any ideas of what this may be? I'm from Chicago and we are currently having very low temperatures.
Check for water leaks - roof drains, taillights, and door seals. If the heater core is leaking, it would be more of a oily film coating with a slight sweet odor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check for water leaks - roof drains, taillights, and door seals. If the heater core is leaking, it would be more of a oily film coating with a slight sweet odor.
I already had the seals checked out. I recently put an air freshener in the car so i don't smell anything sweet or strange. Is there any other way i can check the heater core for a leak?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
543 Posts
I already had the seals checked out. I recently put an air freshener in the car so i don't smell anything sweet or strange. Is there any other way i can check the heater core for a leak?
Oily film on the windshield - but not normally a layer frost. Antifreeze ratio may be a factor, but it has been 10 degrees or less up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts