Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
k24/k20 NA Monster
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing the rave verison jrsc and want to know the best internals to get for optimal performance. I was readin that some aftermarket products weree actually worse with a supercharger because they were designed for na cars not fi. So what internals are the best and should i get low pressure pistons i.e cibernation racing pistons or keep the stock comp ratio? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The JRSC RACE version is tuned to your factory compression ratio via Hondata..I would not lower your CR unless you are planning on a much higher hp number and retuning the system..

Jackson Racing, you'll notice, stands behind using as many factory parts as possible when designing their supercharger kits..

Keep your factory cams as well..this is what you were talking about when you were saying that parts were designed for N/A instead of FI setups..most aftermarket cams are tuned towards N/A setups, and have too much overlap to be used with the JRSC..If you change cams on a JRSC setup, you'll probably lose power instead of gaining it..

Again, if you are looking for the RACE kit, it is specifically tuned towards your CR and cams you currently have in the car..so unless you are doing a higher boost custom setup, I wouldn't modify the internals of your engine..

You will need a better clutch :)..

·
Registered
437 Posts
wow the RAVE version? does that come with strobes and a couple rolls! :beerchug:

lol, i'm just playin. the stock internals are fine for up to 9-10 lbs of boost, some will say even more. then you could look at a block guard, pistons, head gasket ect ect

1 - 3 of 3 Posts