Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Where did you guys pick up your invidia header? Just found it on amazon for 586 shipped

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im highly considering on buying invidia rh. But hear the exhaust fitment needs to be moded? Anyone know which exhaust would be a perfect fit with these race headers?

·
Registered
805 Posts
How is the fitment of this header with the stock 05-06 exhaust?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put the invidia race header on my 06 type s. I daily my car and drive about 50 miles on the interstate to work 3 times a week. therefore, i did not want drone. I put the q300 on last fall and love it! i did not want to run lean with a race header but then hondata came out with the new reflash!! I just put the invidia race header on my car this past weekend. fitment is spot on! no messing the the sway at all. as with all invidia products, quality is excellent also. the q 300 hits the car in the very back, quick fix with a rubber hose.
the new exhaust note is awesome. 70mm piping all the way back. For the money, this combo cannot be beat. You know the race header has to be pretty good if hondata used it to perform their dyno tuning with the new reflash.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just put the invidia race header on my 06 type s. I daily my car and drive about 50 miles on the interstate to work 3 times a week. therefore, i did not want drone. I put the q300 on last fall and love it! i did not want to run lean with a race header but then hondata came out with the new reflash!! I just put the invidia race header on my car this past weekend. fitment is spot on! no messing the the sway at all. as with all invidia products, quality is excellent also. the q 300 hits the car in the very back, quick fix with a rubber hose.
the new exhaust note is awesome. 70mm piping all the way back. For the money, this combo cannot be beat. You know the race header has to be pretty good if hondata used it to perform their dyno tuning with the new reflash.
this post is exactly what i was looking for. I've got the greddy rs 70mm and I was looking for a matching header, and found this one.

Was worried about fitment with the sway, but looks like I'm ok :]

·
Lets Go Hokies!
344 Posts
These are currently going on special for $529 Shipped if anyone is interested

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Updated with pics a little late but better than nothing

·
Dreamer
16 Posts
I got an 06 type-s and plan on keeping the stock exhaust and running the invidia rh with reflash.
Before I go thru with the purchase of the rh, is there anything I'll need for the install other then the header it self?
Such as bolts, springs, or gasket to run stock exhaust?
Currently running 60a Innovative mounts so I shouldn't have any problems with it hitting the oem sway bar right?

Any info would be great.. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I got an 06 type-s and plan on keeping the stock exhaust and running the invidia rh with reflash.
Before I go thru with the purchase of the rh, is there anything I'll need for the install other then the header it self?
Such as bolts, springs, or gasket to run stock exhaust?
Currently running 60a Innovative mounts so I shouldn't have any problems with it hitting the oem sway bar right?

Any info would be great.. Thanks
It will come with any bolts and gaskets you need :thumbsup: and I have the same motor mounts as you and mine cleared fine...there was a bracket I removed I believe it held the stock header from moving but the invidia didn't have anything to bolt on to it..when you install you will see that it rubs slightly on the header

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine did not come with a replacement exhaust mani gasket. i bought one from autozone for about 10 dollars. also, you will need an 18 mm oil drain plug to seal the 2nd O2 sensor hole. other that than it bolts right up. im only running ESMM inserts with mine so you will have no worries with the mounts your running.
Good lucK! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If you have the header reflash you can just plug in the stock 2nd 02

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just left my sec O2 sensor in the stock exhaust. The weight savings prob added like 10 horse haha. But seriously, that would be fine but I couldn't put my old nasty looking o2 sensor in my shiny new header if I didn't have too.

·
Dreamer
16 Posts
Thanks for the much needed info, will definitely be removing any unnecessary brackets or hardware and hopefully mine will come with the mani gasket.

I will be getting the reflash but not until a later date. Think I'll just plug the hole with drain plug. Doesn't really matter, either way I'll get a check engine light till I get the reflash right?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts