Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I've searched the forum all over and can't seem to find an answer to fitment between invidia race header with a 70mm outlet and a 60mm catback like HKS or invidia n1? Would a performance shop be able to mate the two no problem or would I be better off getting a different race header with a smaller outlet? Either way, doesn't seem like many race headers have smaller outlets than 2.5 inch aka 63.5mm diameter. Before someone suggests a bigger exhaust diameter, my 06 type s is my daily driver and I'm trying to stay away from a terrible drone. Also my gf won't ride with me if it's too loud... any thoughts or opinions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
948 Posts
It should bolt up but Ive read that the downpipe on the header might touch the floor so it may need to be modified by a shop. Im not too sure about the acoustics but people have not complained about the header being too loud or has drone. The HKS catback has fitment problems too, they seem to touch the rear bumper and melt it. If you want something quiet for the catback, I would get the Invidia Q300 and not the N1. Since you are going to run a race header, I would suggest motor mounts. Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the info! I just ordered some motor mounts from kseriesparts in prep for a RH. I've noticed the Q300 being a popular catback but I just love the look and sound of HKS. I've heard once you get a tune, the drone (if there is one) will go away with a RH. Is that true?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts