Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BigDawg & JTSmith installed them into their cars this weekend. Install went smoothly once we remembered that the timing chain auto-tensioner has an access plate. JTSmith also upgraded his valvesprings, which went suprisingly smoothly with 2 people, air compressor, and dinky valve spring tool he bought for 100$.

Anyhow, mods to the best of my knowledge are as follows:

JTSmith:

aem cold air intake
comptech race header
comptech exhaust
IPS k2 cams

Swwifty:

comptech icebox
type-r header + spoon downpipe
fujitsubo power getter exhaust
type-r cams
type-r intake manifold
rear seats removed

Both have k-pro, some sort of suspension work, stock wheel/tire size, some type of engine dampner/mount. So aside from the cams & intake manifold, they're pretty well matched. I rode in swwifty's (black) car first, then JTSmith's (white).

video was shot in 16:9, aspect ratio will be skewed unless you use a player that will do 16:9 such as the divx player. enjoy.

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
lol, I sound so gay in that video.

I had to yell that though because Justin was thinking his car didn't feel any faster. :laughing:

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swwifty said:
lol, I sound so gay in that video.

I had to yell that though because Justin was thinking his car didn't feel any faster. :laughing:
hehe. yeah, n/a is wierd like that - the power is so smooth that the seat of the pants doesn't tell you much. Both JTSmith's and BigDawg's cars felt good to me! BigDawg's had a much more noticeable vtec xover, but they've both got hours and hours of tuning ahead of them. I can't wait to see the final result.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
both of thoose races were from about 30-35mph roll in 2nd.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I will post more on the cams later, but I just got back from another logging session and I think I am getting somewhere. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
chunky said:
hehe. yeah, n/a is wierd like that - the power is so smooth that the seat of the pants doesn't tell you much. Both JTSmith's and BigDawg's cars felt good to me! BigDawg's had a much more noticeable vtec xover, but they've both got hours and hours of tuning ahead of them. I can't wait to see the final result.
yeah smoother is ussually faster. I think NA is just deceptively fast.

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,605 Posts
BigDawg said:
I will post more on the cams later, but I just got back from another logging session and I think I am getting somewhere. :thumbsup:
Post up a log, Dawg! (sorry, couldn't resist, but really, can we gander?)

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
edo said:
How long do you think it will take Justin to get home now? heheh.

Hope the highway patrol doesn't slow him down too much.

-Ron
:laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I just got off of the phone with him, and he made it home okay. I guarantee he hit 120+ on the way home though.

Thanks to Dave and Razid for coming over last night so that we could monkey our way through the first set (on Justin's car). It really helped out since I installed mine this afternoon in about 3 hours and 45 minutes (with a little goofing around going on :laughing: ).

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
9bells said:
Post up a log, Dawg! (sorry, couldn't resist, but really, can we gander?)
I will tomorrow after I get one that is just a short full throttle pull. The logs I have right now are about 10-15 minutes long and show me doing 100 on back roads next to my house. :driving:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
chunky said:
So aside from the cams & intake manifold, they're pretty well matched.
Forgot about that, Justin still has the PRB manifold and managed to pull on swwifty despite a 190lb handicap he carried. I know he's going to start emailing me more often about better induction now that he's better equipped.

-Ron

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hapa DC5 said:
all i have to say is wow...
AOL is blocking my emails to you at the ISP domain level. AOL doesn't like comcast for spam abuse. Do you have another email address? Been trying to reply to you a couple times now.

-Ron

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
That is sweet... something's wrong with my sound though so I can't hear.

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
edo said:
Forgot about that, Justin still has the PRB manifold and managed to pull on swwifty despite a 190lb handicap he carried. I know he's going to start emailing me more often about better induction now that he's better equipped.

-Ron
yep. a PRC manifold was definitely one of the things he mentioned.

and not to split hairs, but his handicap was over 190lb, he was still full interior + tools/oil/crap in the trunk. Swwifty had his back seats pulled & empty trunk.

Either way, it says a lot about the drop in performance of the IPS k2's. Justin is anxious to get to the dyno now. . .

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.