Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently on my 02 type-s I have an injen CAI, borla catback, and the Megan racing downpipe/testpipe but the car is still a little quiet for my taste. I’m thinking of spending a few extra bucks and getting the Megan shorty header to go along with the downpipe instead of getting a long tube header. But will the short headers even make the car louder? (I’m not to worried about power gains on the car just yet, for now it is just a fun little daily :))

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Performance and noise level are about the same between the OEM exhaust manifold and a Megan shorty header when paired up to a Megan test pipe. In my opinion the shorty header is not worth the investment. I also invested in the Megan test pipe. Its was better than running a catalytic converter, but no match to the performance you can achieve from a true race header.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it wouldn't do much if anything at all. Where is the best place to find the full race header?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I’m going to go with the Skunk 2 alpha Header. Seems like the best sounding IMO and from what I’ve seen people have good responses to its quality and power gains. Would you recommend against it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think I’m going to go with the Skunk 2 alpha Header. Seems like the best sounding IMO and from what I’ve seen people have good responses to its quality and power gains. Would you recommend against it?
Lol, while searching for reviews on JUNK2, you never found any bad reviews? Most people would say good gains but Junk Quality and fitment. If you want to change engine mounts just to get junk2, if you want to run with em2 sb, if you want to run without sb, or if you want to have that 1st/reverse gear banging in your header touching the sway bar. Go ahead. Theres lots of other good raceheader with good reviews, quality, gains, and fitment. But no to junk2

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
In my opinion, although some headers may pair their primary pipes differently, they sound about the same. I would make your decision on the fitment, the material used, and how well it’s built. I also prefer 1-piece headers that are welded together. It boils down to “you get what you pay for” but just about any race header paired with a good exhaust system will outperform the OEM setup. Remember, once you have your K20 engine breathing better you will need to invest in a programmable ECU and a tune. Only after you get a tune will you start to enjoy the potential horsepower your RSX can generate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My car is way way way too loud! I have the skunk2 exhaust and dc exhaust manifold (I think) I’m hoping a turbo will quiet things down a bit. Get the skunk2 if you want loud, you won’t be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts