Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I want to buy a car. I received a lot of advice and advice from friends. In it I paid special attention to the Acura RSX in terms of its looks. But I don't know if it's a good one for me or not? So I want to ask everyone who can give me advice.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Since we don't know you we don't know if it's right for you or not either.
Like anything, there's good and there's bad out there. Overall the Acura RSX is a great car for what it is.
Get someone qualified to check out any you are interested in. Watch out for 'modified' cars. Too often they are hacked together and generally abused.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yes, details on what you're looking to get out of your car purchase would help. Mine has been my only car for about 8 years now (picked up a second, 'bigger' car that will be on the road soon, though), and I have no regrets and currently no desire to ever get rid of it. But I'm also not hauling other people around either. Back seat head and leg room is really only for kids, but it's better than other coupes I've been in.

The '05-'06 seats are more bearable for long drives; I prefer the look of the '02-'04, so I had to swap those seats in. Stock suspension is a bit stiff, so look elsewhere if comfort is a high priority for you. It's not horrible, just... "sporty." Test drive on rough roads, for sure. Personally I like that kind of thing. I've done some mild upgrades to the suspension and it's been huge fun around roundabouts for the drive to work and in the mountains. I've got a spare set of wheels with dedicated snow tires, and it's fantastic in the winter (I'm only lowered about an inch and a half). Reliability is typical Honda; mainly just keep up with oil changes. Mine's coming up on 280k miles - these are older cars now so expect to have to replace things like the starter or a sensor here and there before too long.

One of my favorite aspects of the car is that the rear seats actually fold completely flat:

This shot is coming home from the tire store; these wheels and tires also fit back there before mounting - the bar is aftermarket, ignore that:

I can also tell you that the car's own hood (say, if you buy a carbon one off Craigslist, haha) or a 55" TV in the box will also lay down flat back there.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,803 Posts
Yes, details on what you're looking to get out of your car purchase would help. Mine has been my only car for about 8 years now (picked up a second, 'bigger' car that will be on the road soon, though), and I have no regrets and currently no desire to ever get rid of it. But I'm also not hauling other people around either. Back seat head and leg room is really only for kids, but it's better than other coupes I've been in.

The '05-'06 seats are more bearable for long drives; I prefer the look of the '02-'04, so I had to swap those seats in. Stock suspension is a bit stiff, so look elsewhere if comfort is a high priority for you. It's not horrible, just... "sporty." Test drive on rough roads, for sure. Personally I like that kind of thing. I've done some mild upgrades to the suspension and it's been huge fun around roundabouts for the drive to work and in the mountains. I've got a spare set of wheels with dedicated snow tires, and it's fantastic in the winter (I'm only lowered about an inch and a half). Reliability is typical Honda; mainly just keep up with oil changes. Mine's coming up on 280k miles - these are older cars now so expect to have to replace things like the starter or a sensor here and there before too long.

One of my favorite aspects of the car is that the rear seats actually fold completely flat:

This shot is coming home from the tire store; these wheels and tires also fit back there before mounting - the bar is aftermarket, ignore that:

I can also tell you that the car's own hood (say, if you buy a carbon one off Craigslist, haha) or a 55" TV in the box will also lay down flat back there.
Can also vouch for 55" TV in the back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since we don't know you we don't know if it's right for you or not either.
Like anything, there's good and there's bad out there. Overall the Acura RSX is a great car for what it is.
Get someone qualified to check out any you are interested in. Watch out for 'modified' cars. Too often they are hacked together and generally abused.
Thanks for your opinion, it's helpful for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks you so much

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone,
I want to buy a car. I received a lot of advice and advice from friends. In it I paid special attention to the Acura RSX in terms of its looks. But I don't know if it's a good one for me or not? So I want to ask everyone who can give me advice.
Thanks everyone.
I bought an '02 base model in 2009 with 166k miles on it. It was my daily driver until last year, when I replaced it with a 2006 Type S with 120k miles on it. The '02 had 375k miles on it, and was still getting 30 MPG. Here are both of them.

Of course, now I am in my 14th month of working from home, so I am not putting the 100 miles a day commuting on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my 2005 Acura RSX Type S since 2007. It had 46,000 miles on it when I bought it. I am the second owner. It now has 230,000 miles on it. This car has been amazing. I absolutely love that the back seats fold down and I can pretty much haul anything in it. I even moved across country packed to the brim in this car. This has been the most dependable car that I have ever owned. For me, the front seats are even comfortable enough to sleep in. Legroom in the back can be a little cramped. Child car seats are easily installed. If you buy one make sure it is stock and not modified. Stock cars have a tendency to last longer. Modified cars can sometimes have unqualified people working on them. Overall, this car was my first dream car and my favorite car that I have owned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.