Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,758 Posts
Re: ClubRSX sticker

beowulf7 said:
I have a couple critical comments about the sticker itself. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers but just want to provide my input. (I know, no one asked for it. But here it is regardless. :D )

1.) The text on the sticker looks like "CLUBASX" (The "R" looks like an "A", especially from a distance.) Perhaps use mix casing, e.g. "ClubRSX"? :thumbsup: I do realize the official logo also has "CLUBRSX" (all caps).

2.) What's up w/ the funky footprint-like graphic? I know it's the same thing that Chris has in his avatar and it's this site's official logo. But it just looks nasty and has nothing to do w/ sports coupes, Acuras, or RSXs for that matter. :dontknow:
lol, you question everything don't you? :laughing:

personally, i like the logo, and he allowed us to modify it for midwest...


guess it just comes down to personal taste, did you like the new multimillion dollar BP (gas station) logo that took no less than 45 seconds in illustrator? :shakehea:
 

·
ALL BOOST!!!
Joined
·
10,670 Posts
Re: ClubRSX sticker

beowulf7 said:

2.) What's up w/ the funky footprint-like graphic? I know it's the same thing that Chris has in his avatar and it's this site's official logo. But it just looks nasty and has nothing to do w/ sports coupes, Acuras, or RSXs for that matter. :dontknow:
its the lug/bolt pattern for our car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Re: Re: ClubRSX sticker

WarmPepsi said:


lol, you question everything don't you? :laughing:

personally, i like the logo, and he allowed us to modify it for midwest...


guess it just comes down to personal taste, did you like the new multimillion dollar BP (gas station) logo that took no less than 45 seconds in illustrator? :shakehea:
Damn, I didn't know I was developing a reputation. :shakehea: :laughing:

Here's another question for you, WP. What if you move out of the Midwest area to my beautiful state :)rolleyes:) of NJ? :thumbsup:

Edit: I haven't seen the new BP logo yet, but I'll look for it on the Web (we don't have BP gas stations in my area).

MTO, thanks for the FYI. I don't see the resemblance of that bear claw print to our lug/bolt pattern (besides the 5 dots), but at least, now I know. :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,758 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ClubRSX sticker

beowulf7 said:


Damn, I didn't know I was developing a reputation. :shakehea: :laughing:

Here's another question for you, WP. What if you move out of the Midwest area to my beautiful state :)rolleyes: ) of NJ? :thumbsup:

Edit: I haven't seen the new BP logo yet, but I'll look for it on the Web (we don't have BP gas stations in my area).

MTO, thanks for the FYI. I don't see the resemblance of that bear claw print to our lug/bolt pattern (besides the 5 dots), but at least, now I know. :wavey:
here ya go


thats like 3 of the same shape, couldn't have taken 5 minutes, and i wonder what the guy got paid :shakehea:

on another note, if i do move, i go back to the regular clubrsx sticker :dontknow: but again, then i'd have to fork the list over to someone else, to email and annoy everyone for meets. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: ClubRSX sticker

WarmPepsi said:


here ya go


thats like 3 of the same shape, couldn't have taken 5 minutes, and i wonder what the guy got paid :shakehea:

have you seen the commercial? they are trying to go for the environmentally friendly reputation. i think the green and yellow tones along with the flower/sun shape does a good job of conveying their message (regardless of how simple the design).:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,758 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ClubRSX sticker

yosi said:


have you seen the commercial? they are trying to go for the environmentally friendly reputation. i think the green and yellow tones along with the flower/sun shape does a good job of conveying their message (regardless of how simple the design).:thumbsup:
yeah, but it was just the point, so easy, why don't i get a job making that much money on that easy of work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
BP Flower Power

Yep, it sure looks like some sort of flower. Thanks for the link. But even that funky flower logo of BP looks better than the bear claw print logo Club RSX adorns. :dontknow:
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
I think this whole topic is kind of funny. We offer a few stickers right now and I am working on some others. I want to try and come up with enough designs to make everyone happy, even you beowulf7 :D. There is a lot of logic that went behind the "C" logo that have not fully developed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,758 Posts
see, now theres a good question. you made it, why'd you make it like that? :dontknow: any certain thing you were goin for? :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
K20A2 said:
I think this whole topic is kind of funny. We offer a few stickers right now and I am working on some others. I want to try and come up with enough designs to make everyone happy, even you beowulf7 :D. There is a lot of logic that went behind the "C" logo that have not fully developed.
Hey, I'm not that hard to satisfy. :D I just thought the gaudy logo and all caps writing was ... well not outright ugly, but ... um, let's just say not attractive. (Damn, if I told a girl "you're not ugly, just unattractive", I know I'd get slapped in the face and kicked in the groin. Hopefully, Chris won't take it the same way. :nervous: )

Enough "critiquing". Here are my suggestions, FWIW:

- New logo please! Maybe a silhouette of our car?
- "ClubRSX" instead of "CLUBRSX"
(Obviously, these 2 suggestions conflict w/ this site's logo, so I realize it's wishful thinking.)
- Instead of being a sticker w/ a permanent adhesive, how about a static cling-on decal? Then I can put the decal on any interior window, remove them, reapply, etc. And they'd be in the inside of the car, thereby protecting it from the rain, ice scrapers, etc.
- Make the decal/sticker slightly smaller in size.

I realize I'm in the minority but maybe Chris can offer such a static decal. :wavey:
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
see, now theres a good question. you made it, why'd you make it like that? :dontknow: any certain thing you were goin for? :wavey:
There are a few thoughts, one is for some part ideas we are working on. Another is being able to just market one symbol for multiple things. We want to come up with something simple that when people see things it reminds them of the symbol. Like a center cap and wheel nuts, etc. It was just something that I personally felt worked and expressed my vision for the site and for the future.
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
beowulf7 said:


Hey, I'm not that hard to satisfy. :D I just thought the gaudy logo and all caps writing was ... well not outright ugly, but ... um, let's just say not attractive. (Damn, if I told a girl "you're not ugly, just unattractive", I know I'd get slapped in the face and kicked in the groin. Hopefully, Chris won't take it the same way. :nervous: )

Enough "critiquing". Here are my suggestions, FWIW:

- New logo please! Maybe a silhouette of our car?
- "ClubRSX" instead of "CLUBRSX"
(Obviously, these 2 suggestions conflict w/ this site's logo, so I realize it's wishful thinking.)
- Instead of being a sticker w/ a permanent adhesive, how about a static cling-on decal? Then I can put the decal on any interior window, remove them, reapply, etc. And they'd be in the inside of the car, thereby protecting it from the rain, ice scrapers, etc.
- Make the decal/sticker slightly smaller in size.

I realize I'm in the minority but maybe Chris can offer such a static decal. :wavey:
See, this is the only way things get done :). If people give me ideas then I can work on them and produce them. I will play with a few ideas and post them up in a poll.

The static thing is something that I was working on, but the idea died out for some reason. I will put a fire under my vinyl guy and get it going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
K20A2 said:
See, this is the only way things get done :). If people give me ideas then I can work on them and produce them. I will play with a few ideas and post them up in a poll.

The static thing is something that I was working on, but the idea died out for some reason. I will put a fire under my vinyl guy and get it going.
I like static cling-ons a lot more. Probably b/c of their nonpermanence. I have a US flag static decal that I've moved from my old car to this one, and then removed it when getting my windows tinted, reapplied it, then re-removed and re-reapplied it b/c I was indecisive of where to put it. And through all that, it held up well! :thumbsup: On the other hand, my E-Z Pass sticker died after its first removal. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
beowulf7 said:


I like static cling-ons a lot more.
Doesn't like every single rice boy here have 5% tint or something? How could you see a decal through that? lol

I shall add something to this. I pulled up along the side of a black RSX type s that was representing clubrsx. I pulled up next to him and let my Micron sing a little song and gave him a thumbs up.

Then continued on my way of busting through the traffic leaving him behind :) Just gives you a way to know - hey that's a ClubRSX member that I probably talked to.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
lol.. chris can't change the logo..

he got it tatooed on his arm..

lol.. (is that real? or drawn on?)

hey chris.. how about giving a free sticker with a first purchase order?
like give every member a free sticker when they buy something from the store..
that would be cool...

btw
i miss colorado so much..
i used to live in ft. collins
loved it there..
now i live in georgia:shakehea:
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
lostkauss said:
lol.. chris can't change the logo..

he got it tatooed on his arm..

lol.. (is that real? or drawn on?)

hey chris.. how about giving a free sticker with a first purchase order?
like give every member a free sticker when they buy something from the store..
that would be cool...

btw
i miss colorado so much..
i used to live in ft. collins
loved it there..
now i live in georgia:shakehea:
We have thought about the free sticker idea, the problem has been that we have had some people ship out our low demand products. But if you look at the online store now you will see that we drop a lot of products to bring the rest of them in house. We are going to analize the costs and see if we can do a free sticker deal with every order. It will not be the same ones that you see on the site, they will look different.

It has been bad here lately. We are in the middle of a draught and I cannot wash my cars more than two times a week :(.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
yeah.. i have heard.. pretty bad all through out the mid-east/west..
funny tho.. its been raining everyday the past 2 weeks here in georgia..
go figue..

i don't mean do 1 free sticker with every order..
then ppl get too many sticks.. and all the same..
im saying since you guys have shipping accounts and stuff..
give a free sticker to each shipping member..
im sure you guys have a database to keep track of who's who and who got what..
do like first order free sticker..
or 3rd order free sticker.. as a incentive to buy more from the club store..
you guys need a marketing analyst? lol
im up for hire..
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
lostkauss said:
yeah.. i have heard.. pretty bad all through out the mid-east/west..
funny tho.. its been raining everyday the past 2 weeks here in georgia..
go figue..

i don't mean do 1 free sticker with every order..
then ppl get too many sticks.. and all the same..
im saying since you guys have shipping accounts and stuff..
give a free sticker to each shipping member..
im sure you guys have a database to keep track of who's who and who got what..
do like first order free sticker..
or 3rd order free sticker.. as a incentive to buy more from the club store..
you guys need a marketing analyst? lol
im up for hire..
I knew what you meant, I am not going to be like AEM and send two with every order of the same color. I will work something out and I am sure that everyone will like it.

BTW, the tattoo is on the back of my neck and it is ok if it changes, I like it :D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Corny said:


Doesn't like every single rice boy here have 5% tint or something? How could you see a decal through that? lol

I shall add something to this. I pulled up along the side of a black RSX type s that was representing clubrsx. I pulled up next to him and let my Micron sing a little song and gave him a thumbs up.

Then continued on my way of busting through the traffic leaving him behind :) Just gives you a way to know - hey that's a ClubRSX member that I probably talked to.
Huh? :confused: I have 20% tint in the 3 rear windows. The static cling-on I have is of the American flag, and it's only maybe 3"x3", which I've placed in the lower right part of the front windshield. I don't need to see out through that. :wavey:
 
41 - 60 of 84 Posts
Top