Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
They should, they had the s2000, maybe they'll bring it back. Hopefully a hardtop 4 seater as fast as an s2000. The frs/brz are too slow imo

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I test drove the FRS. The handling was on par, or slightly better than the RSX, but the power wasn't really much other than the torque curve. That new 2.0 T 280 hp Honda engine would be a nice addition to a light weight hatch/coupe or RWD platform.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah honda has the engineering and developing team it takes to redesign the s2000 and tear up the competition. The only question now is whether they will bring it to the states

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
if they havent released any serious prototype its gonna be a few years

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
People need to stop asking these stupid questions. All this shit is a pipe dream

·
Registered
259 Posts
I test drove the FRS. The handling was on par, or slightly better than the RSX, but the power wasn't really much other than the torque curve. That new 2.0 T 280 hp Honda engine would be a nice addition to a light weight hatch/coupe or RWD platform.
LOL at the handling being "on par." The RSX was a good handling car. The FR-S/BRZ is the best handling new car you can buy until you start the hitting Porsche or Lotus price range. Or Miata.

·
Modding One Car Is Easy
259 Posts
I've been a Honda fan for a quite a while, and this bums me out. No one's questioning the Honda engineering ability to make a lot of power in fun/reliable cars. It's their willingness to make these cars that isn't there.

Besides. Why would they bring a car like that to market, when the Honda fans are going to buy it, and drive it for 10 years. When they can keep making mom-mobiles that get traded in for new models every 3-5 years.

And by "Honda" this is also directed at Acura. Unfortunately Honda doesn't believe the car enthusiast is a market they should continue going after, and if every Honda made after 2008 isn't evidence of that, I don't know what is.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
I've been a Honda fan for a quite a while, and this bums me out. No one's questioning the Honda engineering ability to make a lot of power in fun/reliable cars. It's their willingness to make these cars that isn't there.

Besides. Why would they bring a car like that to market, when the Honda fans are going to buy it, and drive it for 10 years. When they can keep making mom-mobiles that get traded in for new models every 3-5 years.

And by "Honda" this is also directed at Acura. Unfortunately Honda doesn't believe the car enthusiast is a market they should continue going after, and if every Honda made after 2008 isn't evidence of that, I don't know what is.
This :coffee:

·
Modding One Car Is Easy
259 Posts
Lol. Spot on. I also read the link in the comments section of that page.

That also reminded me. I heard, on good authority, that Steve Rogers and Howard Stark collaborated to bring a new, indestructible, unidentifiable grille to all Acuras. The goal was to make every car in Acuras line up look like the other, and only be offered in the most bland color palatte imaginable. White, Black, Silver, Off-White, "other silver".

Mission accomplished.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts