Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask this because I have a about 7 gallons of E30 I need to use up from my other race car. Ideally, I'd like to mix in 1 gallon E30 with 5 gallons of regular E10 (87 octane) if possible until all my E30 is gone. When I calculate it out the mixture would come out to somewhere around E13 - E13.5 and would be about 91 octane. Please let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
For daily driving the car, I dont see a problem. But if you're going to be flooring it all the time, maybe do a little less ethanol. It might have problems starting with more ethanol as well.

My mom put e85 in her non flex fuel car. It ran fine with a bit less power, but it would not start afterwards. That is a more extreme case, but you get the point. Good luck

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've mixed here and there with no noticeable effect. The metering will be off as they have no tune for it past a certain amount. I was reading at how much better 87 is currently and if you aren't pinging, send it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've read some lately that fuels have gotten so good you might get by with a grade lower as anti knock additives are better these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts