Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ducky Wucky ~ L.H.C # 15
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this about 2 hrs ago and just opened it. all the other waxes ive used are a paste. this one is solid. is it supposd to be like this?

Attachments

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
That's how a non-liquid carnauba wax looks like. There's a much higher percentage of wax in the product, so it will resemble a solid like a candle, opposed to that of a fluid. Foam applicators work better with carnaubas opposed to cloth ones so buy those yellow Meguiars applicator pads.

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,147 Posts
Keith DC5 said:
That's how a non-liquid carnauba wax looks like. There's a much higher percentage of wax in the product, so it will resemble a solid like a candle, opposed to that of a fluid. Foam applicators work better with carnaubas opposed to cloth ones so buy those yellow Meguiars applicator pads.
^ Yup, I would just pick up some Meguiar's yellow foam applicator pads. Usually Wal-mart or other auto stores carry them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The mothers wax always looks like that in the can. Where I work, I get customers returing waxes that they claim are no longer good. not so-mothers waxes will look hard and are suppsoe to look like ur pic. Just get an applicator pad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.