Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other day, had damn sunspots. windex didnt do anything to get rid of that. a few days later, i tried windex again and it gave me nasty swirls, might be cuz of the towel i used was a little dirty. anyone have any thoughts of stoner's invisible glass? i've heard it's really good but is it really superior to windex?

·
For your right to drive
157 Posts
Stoners rocks, worth the extra $$$ for it. The best part of it is that you don't have to wipe it all the way off. Spray evenly, then wip with a paper towel till you spread it out good and cover all the spots on the window, and then let the thin residue evaporate off on its own. Zero residue left over.... Very good stuff.

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
I dunno, with the Stoner's ({butt-head voice}huhhuh... stoner... huhuh... stoned... huhuhuh), I've always had to make sure it was quite dry to get the best results. It still worked better than windex w/o drying it all up, but I used a couple of glass cleaning cloths and had to make sure I used the dry part of it to get all the liquid off for best results.

Also, one thing Stoner's got over windex is that its ok for use w/ tinted windows.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Stoners is a much better automotive glass cleaner. The key is to use good toweling, make sure they are clean and haven't been washed in fabric softener. You can also use newspaper or for the best lint free results microfiber.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Stoner's is probably the best glass cleaner I've ever used.

If you want to do the ozone a favor and not use an arosol cleaner, get some Eagle Vision 20/20 window cleaner. It is almost the exact same, except it's a pump spray.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How about for cleaning the rear window? I think I read in the manual that you should go side to side lightly so you don't tear off the defrosting strips, is that true?

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
I think the aerosol cans they use now are safe for the environment, they found a better chemical or what not. So buy aresol if thats what make syou happy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like Armor All's "Auto Glass Cleaner", it works really good for me.

·
It Tastes Like Burning
222 Posts
3m foam glass cleaner seems to work better than stoners for me.... it's almost the same but the 3m foams more and seems to dissolve grime and dirt better than stoners... as far as streaking, they're about equal if you use it right... but fail to dry off stoners as much as possible, and you end up with a ton of haze like someone else mentioned... but i dont remember if it happened with the 3m stuff as well...

·
It Tastes Like Burning
222 Posts
im not entirely sure.. it wasnt specifically labled for automobile use so it's not at pep boys or anything... my mom brought a can home one day out of no where... havent seen it since in any store... but im dying to get my hands on it again... i ran out out a couple months ago... but stoners is a decent replacement..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts