Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the OEM white JDM body kit one in the same with the RSX's (taffeta) white? :confused:

Will there be a noticeable difference, or will it blend perfectly?

The reason i ask is because i was told that the super white type-r rims make domestic white RSXs look almost yellowish in comparison. So based off of this statement, I assume the two whites are of different shades?

Thanks in advance, I would appreciate any help in answering my question. :)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
i thought it was the other way around...tafetta being white white while ch. white being creamy, even more than premium white...any ways just look at a dc2 type r they came in ch. white its the same color...also i think it makes a difference up close cuz i c a dc2 white integra that has the ch white wing and it looks a little different but from far away it looks the same

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Championship white isn't bright, it's actually a little dull. Tafetta white is more bright. PWP is creamy with an almost golden pearl tint.

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
Reyngel said:
Championship white isn't bright, it's actually a little dull. Tafetta white is more bright. PWP is creamy with an almost golden pearl tint.
Yes

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Reyngel said:
I was mistaken. Pearl white is the creme colored white. Taffeta is much more of a true white. But if you think that championship white isn't bright, you are smoking crack. Championship white is far and away the whitest white that Honda makes.

·
Registered
757 Posts
championship white is actually close to pwp... it is dull... however when under certain light it can appear whiter than taffeta white... in the right light pwp can also look extremely white... it all depends on the lighting... ive seen some of the jdm championship white parts... looks pretty close to pwp except for the fact that pwp has more of a creamy pearl to it...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here is a pic of the TODA Project car. You can clearly see that the two colors are different. Not something you can notice from a quick glance but it's different enough that I would notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh...forgot to mention that I was referring to the front lip and side skirt being different than the body color, if anyone is confused.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Silver Mule said:
I was mistaken. Pearl white is the creme colored white. Taffeta is much more of a true white. But if you think that championship white isn't bright, you are smoking crack. Championship white is far and away the whitest white that Honda makes.
Championship White is not the whitest white that Honda makes. You can look at all the pictures you want. But have you ever seen a ITR in person? My friend has a Championship White ITR, and my neighbor has a Tafetta White Integra GSR. The GSR is definitely brighter than the ITR.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I know they're really purple, but I get a lot of attention at night with my lights on. I'm trying to get a hold of some bulbs that are more blue but I still like these that I have. No big complaints here...:D

Attachments

·
28,748 Posts
Type R: Championship White Pearl
Type S: Premium White Pearl
Base/Premium: Taffeta White

Out of all, i think that CWP is the best followed by Premium white.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Actually, no. Championship White is closer to Taffeta White. What I was saying earlier was that Championship White is not the brightest white that Honda makes. Taffeta White is.

Here:

Brightest White - Taffeta White
Medium White - Championship White
Dullest White - Premium White Pearl

Taffeta White mildly resembles Championship White. The difference is that Taffeta White is more pure than Championship White. Championship White almost looks like the white color of bodykit pieces before they are painted. Premium White Pearl has a very slight pearly-gold tint that catches in sunlight, thus making it the least bright white of the three.

Hope that helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts