Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since an "automatic" RSX cannot be tuned, I was looking into 3RD party Throttle Controllers such as " Pedal Commander " and " iDrive ".

Yes, I am aware that it does NOT add more horsepower, but it definitely adds an improved driving experience concerning launch via the throttle.

https://www.evcidrive.com/

Pedal Commander

https://pedalcommander.com/pages/product-information

==============

1) - I looked all over the internet, on Amazon and Ebay, but could not find a " Throttle Controller " made for an Acura RSX.

The closest I came was for a Honda CRV, Honda Pilot, and Honda Civic ( 2006 - 2011 ).

They also have Pedal Commanders for some Acuras made after 2008

If the pins on my pedal control harness of my RSX physically matches any of the Honda models ( or any Acuras ) will the throttle controller work for my car ?

==========

2) - With that being said, I took a look around the pedal area, and did not see a " Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor " where the the plug-n-play part of the Pedal Commander would plug into.

Where is the " Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor " on an RSX ?

==========

Thanks in advance.

I look forward to your reply.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,891 Posts
The RSX uses a cable throttle, so I don't believe anything of this sort exists or could be repurposed for it.
This is correct.

Turner, if a performance shop told you that a base auto cannot be ECU tuned, find a new shop that has experience with Hondas. The base auto can absolutely be tuned using K-Pro or KTuner. Also, Hondata makes a reflash specifically for the base auto if you don't want to spend the cash on a full dyno tune. I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is correct.

Turner, if a performance shop told you that a base auto cannot be ECU tuned, find a new shop that has experience with Hondas. The base auto can absolutely be tuned using K-Pro or KTuner. Also, Hondata makes a reflash specifically for the base auto if you don't want to spend the cash on a full dyno tune. I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before.
@BrutalB83

1) - In my post I mentioned that " ' automatic trans ' RSX cannot be tuned " .

I actually spoke directly with Hondata about K-Pro, and that is what they said.

I have also seen multiple posts here stating the same thing about the " automatic trans " ( as far as simple plug-n-play with a K-Pro )

Please confirm if that is not correct .

=======

2) - Weeks ago I saw the post at . . .

Installing KPRO in your base auto, and a budget a2 cam...

But this is a lot of fanagling to convert and re-wire, and so forth.

========

3) - Do you know of any specific shops where they have done a simple plug-n-play with a K-Pro on an " automatic trans " ?

If yes, please share.

========

4) - Please see my post at . . .

2003 RSX Base - Kpro or Ktuner or Haltech ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE :

As some may know, I decided to do an Auto-to-Manual swap.

With an automatic trans you will be very limited in what you can do with K-Pro ( ie - a reflash only ).

Converting to a Manual trans will allow me to get the FULL potential out of the K-Pro.

Much happier now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts