Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been pulled over twice in the past month and both times before i got pulled over, the cops just followed me for awhile, and then turned their lights on and pulled me over.

first time i was going 75 or 80 in a 65 zone. he sped up on the high way to catch up to me, then followed me for like a mile, till i got off at my ramp. then followed me for like another 4 blocks and finally turned his lights on. i pulled over, he took my license and registration, disappeared for like 4 minutes to his car, and then came back and just told me i was going too fast, slow down, and that i cant have 4 people in my back seat(lol). he told me he could have given me 2 tickets, but no ticket, nothing..

second time i went to the corner store like 2 am to buy something, and on my way back redlined and my tires chirped second. when i'm turning into my block i see a car in my rear view speeding up to catch up to me. i knew it was a cop, and then he followed me for 4 blocks.. turned his lights on 2 houses away from mine, and did the same shit. takes my shit, disappears for like 5 minutes, tells me to slow down, and left. supposedly i could have had a tint ticket(20% in a 35% state), a no inspection ticket, and i guess speeding even though i wasn't speeding just accelerating pretty quick. again, no ticket.

now i know i'm pretty fucking lucky to have gotten out of 2 tickets and i'm always very polite to cops so maybe that helps, but WHY do they follow me for so long? and wtf are they checking for 5 minutes when they take my stuff..

confused as hell.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
could be doing a couple things like running your tags, watching to see if your going to do anything else wrong, trying to determine if your drunk by watching your driving for a min, and talking on his radio to his base to keep them informed. and possibly rubbing one out real quick. j/k

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
do you have any connections with chp or anything?
my cousin is chp and i have this cool sticker he sent me... he said if i get busted for speeding and they see the sticker they might just give me a warning...no gaurantee though... but hey it still shows ive got a cop in the fam... ive been too scared to test it out though

·
Registered
152 Posts
LOL @ rubbing one out

maybe they're running your plate to see if its a stolen car or not?

Could be that. My buddy use to live in Gary, In. I got pulled over twice just for being there. When the cop pulled me over he asked why I was there, then proceeded to tell me that there are no new cars around here unless they're stolen.

Or cops might just be a little cooler where you are than here in Chicago. Chicago cops are DICKHEADS!!! if you get pulled over, you will get at least 1 ticket no-matter what.

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
meh edit because im not thinking your info sometimes takes a while to get back from ncic. depends on what you do when we were shooting laser we just flew out after the person and lit them up about 800 ft down the road

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
this has happened to me before at night. I didn't realized that I didn't stop because I went through a new road, like I didn't see the sign and I just kept on going speed limit. I see a car behind me but it took forever until he put his lights on. I bet he was waiting until i do more things wrong.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i got pulled over the other day for doing like 65 in a 35 and when he flipped on his lights i was going like 45 and not thinking i just like wiped it right into the parking lot without even hitting the breaks so fast i nearly lost him. It was funny. The first thing he said was "your cars fast" and i really didn't know how to reply. And then he told me never to stay in 1st or 2nd gear that long on his road again. He was one of the coolest cops ive dealt with. He gave me a warning! And I was going freakin 30 over in second gear screaming down the road when i passed em. :weeeeeeeeee:

p.s. no thread jack intended :)

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
i got pulled over the other day for doing like 65 in a 35 and when he flipped on his lights i was going like 45 and not thinking i just like wiped it right into the parking lot without even hitting the breaks so fast i nearly lost him. It was funny. The first thing he said was "your cars fast" and i really didn't know how to reply. And then he told me never to stay in 1st or 2nd gear that long on his road again. He was one of the coolest cops ive dealt with. He gave me a warning! And I was going freakin 30 over in second gear screaming down the road when i passed em. :weeeeeeeeee:

p.s. no thread jack intended :)
wont be funny when he gives you a $200.00+ ticket

·
i love beer
1,504 Posts
My only ticket was when I was going 70 in a 50, the cop turned his lights on the first second he saw me. He was a the biggest asswipe, I tried to be a nice but this guy was a complete ass.

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
My only ticket was when I was going 70 in a 50, the cop turned his lights on the first second he saw me. He was a the biggest asswipe, I tried to be a nice but this guy was a complete ass.
maybe becuase you were goign 20 over :rolleyes: thats reckless in some states. on xmas eve my friend paced a kid with me in the car doing 130+ in a 50 he pulled him over he got out and said turn the fucking car off now the kid was crying i did not feel bad for him one bit if you are man enough to break the law take it like a man dont be a bitch about it.

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when i lived in NYC the cops were assholes, but since i moved to NC, they seem to be pretty cool. i guess southern cops let shit slide a little more. or maybe i just got lucky twice.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
They've done this to me before too... I think they're running your plates to see if the car is stolen or if you have any red flags (i.e. you carry a weapon) that they need to take different procedures for.

I hate it when I catch the pigs running my plates for no reason at stop lights. :mad:

·
Super Senior Member
857 Posts
Two things.

First off, they're likely running your plates, checking for any wants/warrants. Thats why if they DO pull you over RIGHT away they're going to sit in their car for a while before they make contact.

And secondly, two people have stated Chicago Police and NYC Police are pricks or assholes. Did you ever stop to think that they deal with more jackasses on a daily basis than a typical cop?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts