Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC5spd
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be purchasing an HKS hi power cat back exhaust soon and I also love the ITR rear lip to death. Is there any way to fabricate the lip so it wouldn't get burnt? :( Im not sure if this was been covered before, I tried searching but no luck.

Anybody has this set up? Pls, any good info will appreciated

thanks,
ric

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've seen a couple old threads where the owner just modified the exhaust brackets so it didn't angle at the end. This solved the burnt lip problem. If you really want to keep the exhaust angled then some people have gone to body shops and had small metal plates fabricated and put on the underside of the bumper just above the tailpipe.

·
DC5spd
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll prolly go that route....metal plate above the muffler

thanks

any more opinions on this matter

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,536 Posts
the muffler never gets hot enough to burn the lip of your bumper...that black crap you see on a lot of cars is just burnt oil or unburnt fuel.

·
DC5spd
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and that can be easily wiped off?

thanks,
ric

anymore info would be appreciated

·
baby buffett
4,805 Posts
KCRSXTypeS said:
the muffler never gets hot enough to burn the lip of your bumper...that black crap you see on a lot of cars is just burnt oil or unburnt fuel.
?? The HKS HiPower will melt the ITR lip without problem.

·
type-m?
575 Posts
i've asked this same question and the responses were that it may take a bit more than just fabricating a new bracket. if you go the hks website and view the dc5r+hipower video clip, you'll see that the muffler hangs a lot straighter on that car. in fact, it looks like a completely different setup in my eyes.

i thought about purchasing a jdm spec hipower, but eventually just gave up. when are you planning to do the install? make sure you post back here on whether you can get it to work or not, cause it seems like there are a number of other people in the same boat as we are.

btw, some people have commented that hipower is in fact melting/bubbling the paint on their usdm oem lip kits. a heat shield or a longer hanger that brings the tip further away from the lip will fix this.

·
DC5spd
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the Socal meet yesterday, The owner of the HKS promo car ( gold is the color ) has the HKS and ITR rear lip. He just told us that you need to extend the hangers so that the muffler would hang lower, not burning the lip.

So i guess the best way is to go to a muffler shop and have the hangers longer.

Hope that helps to the peepz who would do this particular set up

thanks again for all the replies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.