Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
everyone shut it
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says, wtf is up with that i have hear dit, and that makes no sense, becuase everyone on here has taken it to red line and still gets thier motors fixed, if it was true, then how would they not conside it "abuse" or watever they call it and then the people be fucked? thanks jw about that

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
^i hear it's true, and people with an obd scanner say you can see the info but can't erase it

but it's used by the dealership more so to detect overrev's than redlining. when redlining you're still in the car's designed limits. when overreving however, you're taking the car out of it's limits and the dealership will bring that up if there's damaged done

·
ABP REPPIN!
2,051 Posts
krpo>dealership......................................

clear security..........set security..............upload kal.........problem solved....

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
the redline would not be where it is if the engine would crap out going to it. its reving above the rev limit that damages the engine.

·
O.G.
905 Posts
The redline is there to prevent from over revving the engine.
Now Mis-shifting = :vtec: =:(

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
it's true. it stores the highest rev. if highest rev is 9500rpm...of course u can tell it's a misshift. it's stored in non volatile memory. it cannot be cleared erased or modified.

·
ABP REPPIN!
2,051 Posts
it's true. it stores the highest rev. if highest rev is 9500rpm...of course u can tell it's a misshift. it's stored in non volatile memory. it cannot be cleared erased or modified.
but if kpro cant see it than how can the dealer? and i am sure doug at hondata could get rid of it if HE wanted to right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts