Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Gotta Pay 2 Play =\
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of an RSX-S motor just blowing out of no where? No mis-shift, over-rev, hydrolock, etc... Just been driven hard for the last 30k miles, and all of a sudden . . . motors gone!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, but i dont remember ever hearing of a random blown motor, except a few that were only a few hundred miles old, but those were most likely factory defects.

Thanks guys

·
Gotta Pay 2 Play =\
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no ones motor blew. My car is at about 30k miles and i redline ALOT. I was going to sell my car, but now i kind of want to keep it and spend the extra money modding. I dont want to put a lot of money in my car if there is a chance my motor might blow in a few thousand miles.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
No, no ones motor blew. My car is at about 30k miles and i redline ALOT. I was going to sell my car, but now i kind of want to keep it and spend the extra money modding. I dont want to put a lot of money in my car if there is a chance my motor might blow in a few thousand miles.
In the summer months, aka now, I redline sometimes up to 5 times a day, it's fine, honda motor's are meant to take that kind of abuse. I have never heard of a motor blowing that didn't have a reasonable explanation behind it.

·
durpa durpa
8,502 Posts
In the summer months, aka now, I redline sometimes up to 5 times a day, it's fine, honda motor's are meant to take that kind of abuse. I have never heard of a motor blowing that didn't have a reasonable explanation behind it.
Big Cam is right. K-series engines are strong and can take a good amount of abuse.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Only up to 5 times a day?

shit, I could probably redline 100 times a day :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I've never heard of it happening.

In fact, I've never heard of it happening to any particular series of honda motors. I'd like to know if there was a certain honda motor way back when that just randomly blew and got the reputation for being junk...

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Only up to 5 times a day?

shit, I could probably redline 100 times a day :dontknow:
Well, I'm not a boy racer, I just use my car for commuting. Some times you need to commute fast.

I could redline all day, I just don't want to.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
My freind tells me he is amazed at how loud my engine is for it being stock. I have no engine mods at all.

I tell him it's because the damn thing is spinning 8,000 times a minute.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
My freind tells me he is amazed at how loud my engine is for it being stock. I have no engine mods at all.

I tell him it's because the damn thing is spinning 8,000 times a minute.
And a 4 cyl. i just rode in a friends v6 accord and was amazed at how quiet it was at 5K rpm steady... Guess it was cause of the 2 more cylinders

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
And a 4 cyl. i just rode in a friends v6 accord and was amazed at how quiet it was at 5K rpm steady... Guess it was cause of the 2 more cylinders
yes sir

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.