Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
RSX Like A Boss
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://rochester.craigslist.org/ctd/2046066207.html
i went and looked at the car.. it has a very small dent in the rear panel behind the door. dent did not break paint so rust should not be a issue.. but for the mileage this car has should it be this much?? and o BTW it has some sort of aftermarket exhaust and a lip kit

·
Banned
1,941 Posts
Ya the price is way too low. I paid like $10,200 may of 2009 for the same exact car 2002 type-S with 64k miles on it.

·
Cheesehead For Life
1,319 Posts
It is if he garaged it or he really did drive, averagely, 14 miles a day for 8 years. I paid 8,500 for my 2003 with 50k miles on it 2 years ago. However, got it for cheap cause the guy selling it was being shipped to the army the following week

·
RSX Like A Boss
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the price is way too low. I paid like $10,200 may of 2009 for the same exact car 2002 type-S with 64k miles on it.
ya thats what im saying..
it started right up... and i reved it up sounded great im going to go back and take it for a drive... check for clutch/transmission problems... anything else i should look for??

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
maybe he just doesnt really care about the $$$? BUT it has the code on the radio up, so the power has been disconnected. Makes me wonder if they disconnected it so they could swap gauge clusters with a lower mileage. you should beable to look at the screws in the dash and tell if they have been removed or not for replacement.

·
+7
895 Posts
That interior looks really beat for 43k.

My old mazda I got it it was an 03 with 107k on it and the black leather interior was still mint, this black leather looks really bad

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
carfax it. that should tell you the rough mileage.

·
RSX Like A Boss
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
carfax it. that should tell you the rough mileage.
ya ill look into it... also i am going to look at those screws..
they also have another RSX on the lot it is a 02 type s bone stock 120K for $6200 i think... i dont want it but i just wanted to show the other one has alot of miles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dude, that car has alot of wear for the claimed mileage, look at the clutch pedal, its pretty worn, seats and steering wheel as well. Plus looks like its had lots of paint work on the rear quarters. Check for wear on the carpet, pedals and other areas.

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
120k on an 02 isnt really that bad. Bone stock is nice too. better than modded

·
patiently waiting...
279 Posts
CarFax, AutoCheck it! Then ask him to let you have it checked out. I personally would take it to a body shop and have them check it. The driver door is a completely different color. Might be a car that has been T-boned

·
Cheesehead For Life
1,319 Posts
Ad didn't mention whether or not it has a clean title, could be a salvaged title

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
if the seller can't use the right "brake" from "break" its a no-go.

·
Southside Hitman
2,676 Posts
maybe he just doesnt really care about the $$$? BUT it has the code on the radio up, so the power has been disconnected. Makes me wonder if they disconnected it so they could swap gauge clusters with a lower mileage. you should beable to look at the screws in the dash and tell if they have been removed or not for replacement.
possibly trying to cover up a :cel:??

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.