Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Modless
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems WAY to big. The part should be correct..its the one they told me I needed. I know this is a common problem with the EP3 and im not a big DIY'er so I want to make sure this is the right part before I take everything apart and pull the shot one out..THANKS!
Just cant seem to figure out how it will go in there :dontknow:
I have looked through the DIY on ephatch for the window channel and there was no picture of his new one.

for shits and giggles, the old one

·
Modless
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its massive if you stretch it out its almost the length of the car lol. I just dont trust my honda dealership and if i rip out the old channel and this one isnt right then what...some solid feedback would be great i plan on doing this tomorrow!!! The DIY on ephatch said nothing about cutting.

·
Master DIY'er in training
4,005 Posts
Its massive if you stretch it out its almost the length of the car lol. I just dont trust my honda dealership and if i rip out the old channel and this one isnt right then what...some solid feedback would be great i plan on doing this tomorrow!!! The DIY on ephatch said nothing about cutting.
Shit man...I've never heard nothin about how to change it. Good luck tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

·
Modless
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i looked into the part # a stuff a little more and its got to be it. just seems really big haha! maybe once i pull the old one out ill see how it fits in there. it may push in pretty deep. ill let ya know how it goes though! im tired of all the wind noise..also if i run it through the car wash the pressure washer shoots the water into my car seeing as my channel makes no seal whatsoever with my window lol its like it comes with a free interior detail D:

·
4,005 Posts
i looked into the part # a stuff a little more and its got to be it. just seems really big haha! maybe once i pull the old one out ill see how it fits in there. it may push in pretty deep. ill let ya know how it goes though! im tired of all the wind noise..also if i run it through the car wash the pressure washer shoots the water into my car seeing as my channel makes no seal whatsoever with my window lol its like it comes with a free interior detail D:
Haha that sucks balls dude! Did you try holding it up to the window just to see how much of it will take?

·
4,005 Posts
Well it went really good! I wasnt thinking and didnt realize the channel went deep into the door lol..only problem was i cracked my door a little when i was taking the panel off :( oh well!
Nice man! WTF is it noticeable?

·
Modless
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah you can definetly tell. I mean its only like 2 inches long but my interior was MINT and thats the first blemish. Oh well! I wanted to get that fixed before i got tints so im getting that done next weekend!

·
4,005 Posts
Yah you can definetly tell. I mean its only like 2 inches long but my interior was MINT and thats the first blemish. Oh well! I wanted to get that fixed before i got tints so im getting that done next weekend!
Agh super glue will do the trick...what percent tint?

·
4,005 Posts
Yes! Im going 15% on the rear 3, 35% on the front two then a 15% strip on windshield. Should look good and theres a local place that has a $100 special :)
That will look good! I need to do tint sometime but the legal limit in mn is 50 % but i will probably do it anyway haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.