Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it was saturday night and i was out on the town for homecoming and dinner...and i spent the night at a motel with my date and a group of friends. When i woke up in the morning i almost fainted when i saw that my driver side was keyed my some fucker that was at the dance that night. so wat do i do from here? i tried having it buffed but the fender part was too deep and the driver's door still shows a lil bit...is there any creme or polish i can buy to get rid of this mess? THANKS GUYS!:firemad: :firemad: :shooting: haters!

·
297 Posts
sorry to here about that...

anyway, looks like you might have to take it to a body/paint shop...cremes or polish won't do much if its pretty deep...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
damn, it brings a tear to my eye when i hear about a "keyed RSX" story, because of all them haters who cant afford that stuff, or just hate just cause they're haters. Damn man, sorry to hear that, anywaiz i think your best bet is to bring it to a shop. Sounds pretty deep.:(

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the club. My whole driver side was keyed. took me 6 weeks to get it fixed correctly. THEN like 3 weeks after it was fixed, someone egged the driver side door and all the paint cracked. Just finally got it fixed, hoping nothing else happens! :firemad:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
sorry man . . .99.99999% of keying incidents need a shop to handle it ..

generally , if you can drag a fingernauil across it - and it catches - its too deep for anything in a bottle to make look good again . . .

depending on how long the mark is . .price could range wildly . .

drop into a detail shop first - get references - and get an estimate . .

if its beyond them - ure talking paint shop . . .

·
CodeMonkey
210 Posts
Anyone ever heard of getting a bumper keyed? I have this mark that goes about halfway across my bumper from the driver's side to the middle. It's up and down, almost like a key but it's low and in an unusual spot.

I've always seen key marks on the side of cars. I guessed this was probably a neighborhood kid accidentally hitting the car with a pedal. That happens. I fully advocate beating the crap out of anyone who fucks with someone's car. If you have a problem with someone, say it to their face.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Welcome to the club! I got keyed on all 3 driver side panels just after esant did. But mine only took 4 days to fix.

If it's keyed, go to a good shop.
Get recommendations from your friends for a real good paint shop. If you want to hear a story about bad shops, ask esant. Her 6 week tale of pain and anguish brings a tear to my eye.

And KidSpag; sounds like you got bumped by someone making a very bad attempt to parallel park in front of you.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, thanx guys for understanding and hearing me out!!!!...it's a good 6 inches on the fender and the key mark was from the front fender to the rear gas cap! but the rest of the car is ok i got it buffed and u can only see it if u look for it. The fender is still deep, hey i was wondering how did the shops fix the key marks? did they paint the whole side or is there some kinda method that requires less work?...oh and i everything but the 6 inch key mark on the fender buffed and now it feels different from the rest of the car....how do i get that smooooth and shiney feel to it again?
:dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
There are two methods they use.

1 - Blending. If you don't have insurance, this is the option for you. They buff out the area to make it smooth, then paint on top, blending it with the surrounding paint.
Pros: Cheap, fast.
Cons: Not perfect since you can see where the pearl fleck is redone (takes a sharp eye though).

2 - Repaint the panel. If you have insurance, this is how you do it. Costs roughly 3 times that of blending, but you get an even layer of paint. I got my panels repainted and they are now considerably smoother than factory. Practically no orange peel (the ripples in the paint).
Pros: Can be better than factory paint.
Cons: Takes a day or two more, costs more.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Frosty said:
Welcome to the club! I got keyed on all 3 driver side panels just after esant did. But mine only took 4 days to fix.

If it's keyed, go to a good shop.
Get recommendations from your friends for a real good paint shop. If you want to hear a story about bad shops, ask esant. Her 6 week tale of pain and anguish brings a tear to my eye.

And KidSpag; sounds like you got bumped by someone making a very bad attempt to parallel park in front of you.
Yeah, it was horrible going through it. They told me I was just too picky. Welll screw them. Anyways, you remember how they fixed it by rebuffing and putting a supposed paint protection on it. WELLL last week i looked at the car (after getting my door repainted from being egged) and all the buff marks are all over the car again. Stupid people. I asked the guy at the collision shop i took the car to this most recent time and he told me it was pretty much a bullshit... all they did was slap some wax on it to make it look good temporarily (but make it last longer then the hand glaze they usually use) SOOO I have one door that looks good and the rest of the car is still covered in buff marks. :jigglemad

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Buff marks look like lots and lots of little swirls.
Pretty nasty stuff.

And egg... that stuff is just dangerous. I don't know if it's the shell shattering or if there is something in the egg itself, but it makes funny hazy marks that go deep into the clearcoat, usually requiring a pro to fix it.
Homer2 can probably explain the physics of egging damage.

Erin, do you live in hell? Egged, keyed, and bad body-shops?

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Frosty said:

Erin, do you live in hell? Egged, keyed, and bad body-shops?
haha worst part is, i live in the borough like middle of town damnit. I found the egg carton up the street and am pretty sure i know who did it.

I managed to get all the egg off so it didn't stain but the shell shattered the paint at the point of impact.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
eggs . . . . :jigglemad :jigglemad :mad: :mad:

if memory serves - its the proteins in them . . . but dont quote me on that -

now i gotta go look it up . . . thanks Frosty :p

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Truck kicked up piece of metal on parkway hitting my hood and windsheild. Left two deep scratches about 3"- 4" on my hood. No damage to the windshield. It really sucks gotta paint the whol hood. If I ever found someone doing anything to my car i'd beat them like a red headed step child.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts