Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam in the process of making my itbs for type s head...i will post pics once its done...what do you guys think about the idea....it will cost me around 800 to finish them...anyone wanna get them i can make them for you...ive been makeing them for b seris motors for about a year already and they show great inprovements on the dyno...all stock sensors are retained..

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
slowdelsol said:
iam in the process of making my itbs for type s head...i will post pics once its done...what do you guys think about the idea....it will cost me around 800 to finish them...anyone wanna get them i can make them for you...ive been makeing them for b seris motors for about a year already and they show great inprovements on the dyno...all stock sensors are retained..
make a turbo application

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slowdelsol said:

·
Registered
811 Posts
:iamwiths:

I'm wonderin how streetable such a setup would be. I mean with no air filter longevity must suffer right?

·
Registered
811 Posts
so ur selling these? how much? I really like the concept and it's definitely appealing now that i know there are airfilters for them. do you have some more specs on them? What kinda power do they produce on near stock cams? How do they compare to like say toda's ITBs?

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Can you set them up like the todas they come with a intake plenum so i can still use my cai

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you can buy the intake plenum from toda or twm and it will fit with very little mods...if anyone wants them let me know so i can start making it i will trade for a race header....or sell it takes me two weeks to make..alot of time goes into it...i have to make a manifold then i have to fill gaps with welds and port the manifolds...

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
slowdelsol said:
you can buy the intake plenum from toda or twm and it will fit with very little mods...if anyone wants them let me know so i can start making it i will trade for a race header....or sell it takes me two weeks to make..alot of time goes into it...i have to make a manifold then i have to fill gaps with welds and port the manifolds...
Have you dyno'd before with filters on and still get good results?

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
What kind of $ are you talking about?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Would using the filters cost you that much power as compared to running withough them? do you have any pics of the ITBs with the filter?

Why would you wanna run a plenum. It kinda defeats some of the purpose of ITBs.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
thatguywiththersx said:
Why would you wanna run a plenum. It kinda defeats some of the purpose of ITBs.
I think you would get better results with the plenum on with a CAI. You have to remember that our stock TB is only like 63-64mm's and there only 1 on them, on a itb setup you have 4 tb's that are 40-50mm's a peice. So with no plenum it would pull alot of hot air like a SRI. I may be wrong though, lets see if the thread maker has any input.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Thats what i was thuinking eddie thanks.Look at toda's itb's they use a plenum manifold for the k20 look at where are intake manifold is right in front of the radiator so imagine on a hot day.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
eddie123 said:
I think you would get better results with the plenum on with a CAI. You have to remember that our stock TB is only like 63-64mm's and there only 1 on them, on a itb setup you have 4 tb's that are 40-50mm's a peice. So with no plenum it would pull alot of hot air like a SRI. I may be wrong though, lets see if the thread maker has any input.
Remember though on our cars the engine is opposite to the older B series. It appears as though the stacks would be right behind the front grill and above the radiator. I would think this would virtually eliminate most heat soak issues. In addition it might improve flow at higher speeds seeing that area is in a high pressure zone. Just some thoughts, although I don't really recall where in relation the radiator sits exactly without looking.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts