Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats the deal on these? I haven't heard anything in a while about them and was wondering can the ones from toda be used on their N2 cams, and are they streetable and what kind of gains can you expect from them?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, because I know it has, I was just wondering if there was some kind of an update or something?

Thanks,
Clay

·
Registered
801 Posts
They could be used with any setup, but you'd need a programmable to truley utilize them. Some people say they are very streetable and others say no. I'm not too famiar, so I won't comment.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
There was a guy on here that made a set and was going to sell them, but he has fallen off the face of the earth.

PM 1fstep3 she is in with Nu Image motorsports in Va, they have an ITB setup that they made in house. It's on A K series in an insight....10.3 @ 131mph.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
No one in their right mind would pay for it. I bet the toda set is atleast $4000, I would go CN 1 before I paid for that.

Getting someone to make it would be much cheaper, but then again can you trust someone that is making 1 offs?

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
I've never sen a dyno for a set.

·
Banned
73 Posts
eddie123 said:
No one in their right mind would pay for it. I bet the toda set is atleast $4000, I would go CN 1 before I paid for that.

Getting someone to make it would be much cheaper, but then again can you trust someone that is making 1 offs?
holy shit man!
4 g's
god i hope ur wrong

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
The B-series Toda ITB's are $2600, so the K-series shouldn't be too far off that number.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
666 Posts
Yes, but Toda says they aren't anywhere near ready for market. And yes, they can be tuned streetable, but the K-pro will be nessecary. All they would say is that many ppl are using the B series ITB's in a street situation. They wouldn't "exactly" comment on the K series streetability, probably due to the fact that they are not street legal. Or at least "for off road use only".

Now, why would someone use an Insight to drop a K into? Weight?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
eddie123 said:
There was a guy on here that made a set and was going to sell them, but he has fallen off the face of the earth.

PM 1fstep3 she is in with Nu Image motorsports in Va, they have an ITB setup that they made in house. It's on A K series in an insight....10.3 @ 131mph.
Hey Eddie,

I met up with the guys from Nu Image Motorsports at NHRA Spring Nationals this past Saturday. Let me tell you, their Honda Insight is an amazing car. They run pretty consistant 10.3's and it sounds absolutly incredible. The ITBs seem to be made very well and the car itself looks very mean. I took this picture and I thought I would share it with you all...

-Carl

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sacrifice said:
Yes, but Toda says they aren't anywhere near ready for market. And yes, they can be tuned streetable, but the K-pro will be nessecary. All they would say is that many ppl are using the B series ITB's in a street situation. They wouldn't "exactly" comment on the K series streetability, probably due to the fact that they are not street legal. Or at least "for off road use only".

Now, why would someone use an Insight to drop a K into? Weight?
You hit the nail on the head. The Insight is an incredibly light car. Not only that, but it is rather aerodynamic as well.

-Carl

·
Registered
216 Posts
eddie123 said:

lol hey iam back...the itbs have been done for over a mounth..i wanted to try them on my car first to prove a point but my car aint runnig now..so anywayz heres a pic...

Attachments

·
Time for some yum yums...
160 Posts
Very nice. Going to do a dyno run w/ this new setup??? If so, please post your results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
theres only toda that makes these... there has to be more =(

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
666 Posts
articblueLADC5 said:
theres only toda that makes these... there has to be more =(
Dude, how much of this thread did you actually read? :dontknow:

So far, in this thread, we've covered two other ITB setups, and determined that Toda does not make these yet. They might have them in development, and maybe even a good working version of them, but if it ain't for sale, they don't make them. At least, not for us small pocketbooks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im not talking about homemade ones =\ im talking about ones not made one off or custom im talking about production itbs similar to todas. I know the eg that runs the prototype but im surprised with all the b series itb available we only have one thats reputable

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.