Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Itb?

Tags
itb
2K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  43%burnt 
#1 ·
So whats the deal on these? I haven't heard anything in a while about them and was wondering can the ones from toda be used on their N2 cams, and are they streetable and what kind of gains can you expect from them?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, because I know it has, I was just wondering if there was some kind of an update or something?

Thanks,
Clay

#4 ·
There was a guy on here that made a set and was going to sell them, but he has fallen off the face of the earth.

PM 1fstep3 she is in with Nu Image motorsports in Va, they have an ITB setup that they made in house. It's on A K series in an insight....10.3 @ 131mph.

#6 ·
No one in their right mind would pay for it. I bet the toda set is atleast $4000, I would go CN 1 before I paid for that.

Getting someone to make it would be much cheaper, but then again can you trust someone that is making 1 offs?

#8 ·
I've never sen a dyno for a set.

#9 ·
eddie123 said:
No one in their right mind would pay for it. I bet the toda set is atleast $4000, I would go CN 1 before I paid for that.

Getting someone to make it would be much cheaper, but then again can you trust someone that is making 1 offs?
holy shit man!
4 g's
god i hope ur wrong

#10 ·
#11 ·
The B-series Toda ITB's are $2600, so the K-series shouldn't be too far off that number.

#12 ·
Yes, but Toda says they aren't anywhere near ready for market. And yes, they can be tuned streetable, but the K-pro will be nessecary. All they would say is that many ppl are using the B series ITB's in a street situation. They wouldn't "exactly" comment on the K series streetability, probably due to the fact that they are not street legal. Or at least "for off road use only".

Now, why would someone use an Insight to drop a K into? Weight?

#13 · (Edited)
eddie123 said:
There was a guy on here that made a set and was going to sell them, but he has fallen off the face of the earth.

PM 1fstep3 she is in with Nu Image motorsports in Va, they have an ITB setup that they made in house. It's on A K series in an insight....10.3 @ 131mph.
Hey Eddie,

I met up with the guys from Nu Image Motorsports at NHRA Spring Nationals this past Saturday. Let me tell you, their Honda Insight is an amazing car. They run pretty consistant 10.3's and it sounds absolutly incredible. The ITBs seem to be made very well and the car itself looks very mean. I took this picture and I thought I would share it with you all...

-Carl

#14 ·
Sacrifice said:
Yes, but Toda says they aren't anywhere near ready for market. And yes, they can be tuned streetable, but the K-pro will be nessecary. All they would say is that many ppl are using the B series ITB's in a street situation. They wouldn't "exactly" comment on the K series streetability, probably due to the fact that they are not street legal. Or at least "for off road use only".

Now, why would someone use an Insight to drop a K into? Weight?
You hit the nail on the head. The Insight is an incredibly light car. Not only that, but it is rather aerodynamic as well.

-Carl

#15 ·
eddie123 said:

lol hey iam back...the itbs have been done for over a mounth..i wanted to try them on my car first to prove a point but my car aint runnig now..so anywayz heres a pic...

Attachments

#16 ·
Very nice. Going to do a dyno run w/ this new setup??? If so, please post your results.

#18 ·
articblueLADC5 said:
theres only toda that makes these... there has to be more =(
Dude, how much of this thread did you actually read? :dontknow:

So far, in this thread, we've covered two other ITB setups, and determined that Toda does not make these yet. They might have them in development, and maybe even a good working version of them, but if it ain't for sale, they don't make them. At least, not for us small pocketbooks.

#19 ·
Im not talking about homemade ones =\ im talking about ones not made one off or custom im talking about production itbs similar to todas. I know the eg that runs the prototype but im surprised with all the b series itb available we only have one thats reputable

#21 ·
articblueLADC5 said:
....im talking about production itbs similar to todas. I know the eg that runs the prototype but im surprised with all the b series itb available we only have one thats reputable
So, the email convo that I had with Toda a couple of days ago about the NON-AVAILIBILITY of the ITBs that they have in development was a figment of my imagination?

I'm prolly being more abrasive than I'm really trying to be, but there it alot of false info that gets out in this, and other, forums, when ppl start posting stuff that's not quite true. I'm guilty of it myself. I was going around stating that Hondata #4 was tuned for a header until I got called out by Hondata themselves about it. But I was absolutely convinced because that's what I read...

From the Toda email...

"A) The K20A ITB kit is still under going development and not yet available. The reason this product was developed was for highly modified engines, not engines with stock internals, therefore we have no experience or test data of this product on a stock engine as that is not it's intended purpose. Our B16A/B18C customers do use the ITB kits on their daily driven engines, but that all depends on how well the engine is tuned."

That to me pretty much says it all. It also sounds to me like they're trying to say that you can use it on the street, but they're not supposed to tell us that. Pure speculation on my part.

#22 ·
slowdelsol said:
lol hey iam back...the itbs have been done for over a mounth..i wanted to try them on my car first to prove a point but my car aint runnig now..so anywayz heres a pic...
There you are......
:D

#23 ·
02DSM_Type-S said:
how come more N/A people don't them?
People who are really into NA don't run them in their street car b/c it is illegal to run in the street classes.

#24 ·
Sacrifice said:
So, the email convo that I had with Toda a couple of days ago about the NON-AVAILIBILITY of the ITBs that they have in development was a figment of my imagination?

I'm prolly being more abrasive than I'm really trying to be, but there it alot of false info that gets out in this, and other, forums, when ppl start posting stuff that's not quite true. I'm guilty of it myself. I was going around stating that Hondata #4 was tuned for a header until I got called out by Hondata themselves about it. But I was absolutely convinced because that's what I read...

From the Toda email...

"A) The K20A ITB kit is still under going development and not yet available. The reason this product was developed was for highly modified engines, not engines with stock internals, therefore we have no experience or test data of this product on a stock engine as that is not it's intended purpose. Our B16A/B18C customers do use the ITB kits on their daily driven engines, but that all depends on how well the engine is tuned."

That to me pretty much says it all. It also sounds to me like they're trying to say that you can use it on the street, but they're not supposed to tell us that. Pure speculation on my part.
Yes, just the fact that you hook up your current CAI to the system is a pretty dead giveaway that it can be used on the street. I hope to see this in production soon.

-Carl

#25 ·
Sacrifice said:

PROTOTYPE :wavey:

#26 ·
Sacrifice said:

PROTOTYPE :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.