Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
61 ci now
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I know a lot of people have discussed the 05/06 exhaust being the ITR one.

this dude helped everyone out and opened his:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=373731

I took pics of the ITR axleback next to the 05/06 axleback (you can see the part numbers are different(1052 - ITR 1060 - 05/05)). Just thought I would make this thread for reference and to help everyone get the exhausts straight. Now for pics:

and video is here:

ITR axleback rev.wmv

I didn't want a super loud exhaust so I figured this would be the highest 'flow' route while maintaining OE look and quietness.

·
61 ci now
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ramps? autozone for 30$, my ex g/f bought them for my birthday (well she was my g/f) they rock though!

I forgot to take a pic of the exhaust on the car, I'll do that, and I think I'm gonna use a dremel and cut out that smaller inner pipe, I didn't care for it on my 05/06 axleback, but I don't want to alter that, so I'm gonna snip it on the ITR one, pics to follow soon.

·
Bleach its a must see!!!
1,219 Posts
robry said:
ramps? autozone for 30$, my ex g/f bought them for my birthday (well she was my g/f) they rock though!

I forgot to take a pic of the exhaust on the car, I'll do that, and I think I'm gonna use a dremel and cut out that smaller inner pipe, I didn't care for it on my 05/06 axleback, but I don't want to alter that, so I'm gonna snip it on the ITR one, pics to follow soon.

Yeah ramps, sorry I forgot.....:laughing: Thanks wasn't feeling my self

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Good info, the ITR muffler definately sounds better than the OEM Type S.

·
Satin Silver SS
7,069 Posts
doesnt the b pipe diameter go back to the stock 05 axelback diameter?

sooo really the itr opens up when it reaches the axel back= no performance gain?

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Heh it almost sounds like you have a BOV after the higher revs... almost :p Looks and sounds good however, but probably costs more than it's worth as with all OEM or ITR parts.

RsX-X said:

sooo really the itr opens up when it reaches the axel back= no performance gain?
As per fluid dynamics there are gains, just not as much as upgrading the entire system. I personally would choose Mugen's catback over this depending on the overall cost - I too like things to be on the quieter side, but quiet systems means a whole lot of resonance and restrictions.

·
Senior Citizen
3,414 Posts
RsX-X said:

The ITR B-pipe and 05 B-pipe are both PRC(ITR) part numbers I thought.

Anyways, it looks and sounds great!

·
61 ci now
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
seth812 said:
very nice, looks and sounds great

where'd you get it and for how much
I bought it off a member here for 200$ shipped, not bad imo, I realize you can get a megan racing catback for 300$~ but again, I don't really want a super loud exhaust.

seanpurcell said:
like dylon you shot hot fiya!!!!!
Actually the axleback came packed in peanuts and I guess some feel inside the axleback and came flying out when I revved it ! haha :thumbsup:

TypeDre said:
waste of money..
thanks for your opinion, I think 500$ for a catback that nets 5whp is a waste of money as well. just my .02$.

RSXiMUS said:
The ITR B-pipe and 05 B-pipe are both PRC(ITR) part numbers I thought.

Anyways, it looks and sounds great!
I think you're right, if you look here I found a picture from the JDMLAND.com website, which carries both the used ITR axleback and used ITR catback.

Unforunately I can't tell if the part numbers are the same or not, but the construction looks similar and the 02-04 part does not have that second piece welded to the front part of the B-pipe. Don't quote me on all that though I'm still researching the differences. Does anyone know any JDM part carriers kinda like that acuraparts website we have here in the US? Maybe then we could actually look at the part numbers from the ITR and compare.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts