Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find a specific answer because newbs always ask dumb crap about the Type-R.

Anyways, does the Type-R as opposed to the Type-S have longer or shorter gearing?

I read somewhere that the gear boxes are the same but the LSD on the R has a different final ratio than the open diff on the S. I'm just trying to verify this. Thanks.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
studandthensome said:
I searched but couldn't find a specific answer because newbs always ask dumb crap about the Type-R.

Anyways, does the Type-R as opposed to the Type-S have longer or shorter gearing?

I read somewhere that the gear boxes are the same but the LSD on the R has a different final ratio than the open diff on the S. I'm just trying to verify this. Thanks.
Someone correct me if im wrong but the Type R's 4th 5th and 6th gear r shorter for faster acceleration for the 1st-3rd are the same as ours. The Type R has a lsd stock and the final drive is different from ours. (its geared towards acceleration.) And yes the S has a open diff.

As for swaping...the lsd and the final drive both swap out without a prob...i believe its the same for the gears but im not sure though.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Importtuner said:
Someone correct me if im wrong but the Type R's 4th 5th and 6th gear r shorter for faster acceleration for the 1st-3rd are the same as ours. The Type R has a lsd stock and the final drive is different from ours. (its geared towards acceleration.) And yes the S has a open diff.

As for swaping...the lsd and the final drive both swap out without a prob...i believe its the same for the gears but im not sure though.
Type r also has a 4.764 final drive.....Type s has a 4.4

So in conclusion......The type r has shorter gears.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Type r also has a 4.764 final drive.....Type s has a 4.4

So in conclusion......The type r has shorter gears.
:iamwiths:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts