Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a black type s with oem front lip, oem side skirts, and oem rear lip.....

-i ordered a GReddy front lip, keeping oem sides, and planned on putting on the jdm type R rear lip..... Lets say i dont go jdm type R rear lip and take off the oem rear lip anyway, will my rear bumper be at a normal state? or will there different and have defects?

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
I belive part of the rear bumper where the exhaust outlet is had to be cut in order to install the rear lip.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DannyDiesel said:
I belive part of the rear bumper where the exhaust outlet is had to be cut in order to install the rear lip.

awwwww are you serious?!

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
Yea, sorry.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noooo.... do u guys think itll look retarded if i take rear lip off and keep it off?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swazi said:
just get your type r lip and quit worrying about it

uhhh that wasnt the answer i was looking for.... i asked if it would look wierd with the cut out and no rear lip?

·
Registered
456 Posts
i say jus either keep the oem lip which looks nice, or put on the type r lip. either is nice. i would definitely not leave it blank though.

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
I currently own a black type s with oem front lip, oem side skirts, and oem rear lip.....

-i ordered a GReddy front lip, keeping oem sides, and planned on putting on the jdm type R rear lip..... Lets say i dont go jdm type R rear lip and take off the oem rear lip anyway, will my rear bumper be at a normal state? or will there different and have defects?

you shud really just get the type-r side skirts too while ur at it..

the oem's look fuck'd up if ur not using the whole kit

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its cuz i wanted to get a HKS hi power exhaust too... but damn it wont work with itr rear....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmmm.... anyone know how well the clearence wwould work?

·
Registered
456 Posts
yea good question. ?

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Check my signature, I have the exact same setup, GReddy front OEM sides and no rear. I dont want to have to cut the Type R rear if I get one either so I am just going to leave it with nothing there.

Look at the Mugen kit, they only use a front and sides because the rear causes drag and is not functional, not that any of us go that fast to have that kind of effect but you get the idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts