Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the conclusion that the base vs typeS is for the most part a drivers race. I just took a little cruise around town cuz I'm so damn bored and low and behold a blue typeS pulls up along side me, revs and we both take off. I'm not a street racer or anything but it was just too good to pass up. I was totally expecting to get spanked, but it was the other way around for some reason. Then he got on my ass the rest of the way down third st.
Pulled up along side me a few blocks later, gave me a little nod, turned left and drove off into the sunset. What do you guys think, ever raced an S? :driving:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Haha i did in a base rsx tiptronic loaner... The guy in the SSM type didn't know how to shift... I would say that the base is freakin slow... but the type s is just a lil faster...

·
Registered
47 Posts
^ROFL!!!

It's great 2 hear about us bases spanking a Type-S. I beat 1 in my BASE AUTO Tuesday. He had an exhaust. We gunned it from a stop light and since i increased my stall speed i held my rpm's at 1800 from a dead stop. He got a lil a head off the jump but it didnt last long 4 him. I took it by a lil less than an RSX length. All base owners rejoice!!! :beerchug:

This is 2 all the Type-S owners who talk down on bases :finger: We comin 4 ya!

·
Registered
807 Posts
well when you run into a real driver in a modded type s, it will hurt..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VTECwho said:
^ROFL!!!

It's great 2 hear about us bases spanking a Type-S. I beat 1 in my BASE AUTO Tuesday. He had an exhaust. We gunned it from a stop light and since i increased my stall speed i held my rpm's at 1800 from a dead stop. He got a lil a head off the jump but it didnt last long 4 him. I took it by a lil less than an RSX length. All base owners rejoice!!! :beerchug:

This is 2 all the Type-S owners who talk down on bases :finger: We comin 4 ya!

Well said my man, REPRESENT. The base rocks. LOOK OUT S, THE JRSC IS COMING. YOU SHOULD BE SCARED, REAL SCARED. When I bolt that shit in my car, it won't be a drivers race anymore, it will be my race. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice Kill...I don't know if it's drivers down here or what, but the 6 that I raced at the drags I beat by 1 or more car lengths. My friends love my car and always tell me it's wrong for me to beat them...well some is understandable (ones stock or with cai only), but I raced one with sri, shorty header, catback, and something called vortech fuel management and beat him by a little more than a car length.

Either way, Nice Kill.

EDIT: Only races I have lost to were Saturn sc5 (nitrous), buick (s/c), bmw 330 ix (holy crap, these are fast)

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
866 Posts
First off, I want everyone to know that I am not flaming the base because after all, I have love for ALL rsx's :thumbsup: . But, let's be realistic performance between the two cars mod for mod is not even comprable. Dakkah, you have I/H and hondata and based (no pun intended) on the fact that you did not mention any mods on the S I am assuming he was stock. If you were t race an S with those same modifications prepare to get absolutely rocked because he will probably put a bus length or two on you.
To say that the base vs. S is a drivers race is simply not true unless the driver of the S has to count to 3 mississippi before each shift.
-Tony
Flame on fellow crsx'ers

·
Registered
390 Posts
man... I wanna race a base. Thing is, there are just TOO many cops around here. I think that even with hondata I and H a decent type S driver will edge off a victory. GJ on the kill. Happy safe hunting
BTW what does a base put out with those mods? just curious.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Of course the type-s is faster than the base. I mean, they're about $4k more (over here anyway) and of course mod for mod it will be faster. If I got a car $4k more than the type-s, it will be faster too (most likely anyway).

I'm sure Dakkah was referring to the type-s driver not being much of a driver.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tb's type-s said:
First off, I want everyone to know that I am not flaming the base because after all, I have love for ALL rsx's :thumbsup: . But, let's be realistic performance between the two cars mod for mod is not even comprable. Dakkah, you have I/H and hondata and based (no pun intended) on the fact that you did not mention any mods on the S I am assuming he was stock. If you were t race an S with those same modifications prepare to get absolutely rocked because he will probably put a bus length or two on you.
To say that the base vs. S is a drivers race is simply not true unless the driver of the S has to count to 3 mississippi before each shift.
-Tony
Flame on fellow crsx'ers

I totally understand bro, I don't have a clue why he didnt win though. No miss shift or anything on his part, he had at least intake and exhaust though. Like I said, i was expecting to get spanked, by I won, and by the way it sounds in the rest of the thread, other bases have one S's also. No disrespect to S though, I know you have the step ahead in this game. :thumbsup:

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
866 Posts
Dakkah21 said:
I totally understand bro, I don't have a clue why he didnt win though. No miss shift or anything on his part, he had at least intake and exhaust though. Like I said, i was expecting to get spanked, by I won, and by the way it sounds in the rest of the thread, other bases have one S's also. No disrespect to S though, I know you have the step ahead in this game. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I guess there are some drivers out there that cannot bang gears to well, either that or you guys can just drive your asses off. Either way its a win for an rsx so who cares.
-Tony

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tb's type-s said:
Yeah, I guess there are some drivers out there that cannot bang gears to well, either that or you guys can just drive your asses off. Either way its a win for an rsx so who cares.
-Tony
Thanks dude :thumbsup: On a better note for the S, I witnessed first hand a typeS spank spank kill a 350Z last week at the track. Lots-A-Love

·
Registered
479 Posts
agreed...lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.