25WHP for $150, thats awesome

·
Registered
740 Posts
Going to order mine next week Can't wait. Look out STI....LOL

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
Ok, so i got a question for all you JRSC peep's. What is the cheaper route to upgrade race. I only have the street version and am wondering how much it would cost to upgrade to the "new" race version compared to how much it would be to purchase the pro-ECU. Yah i know the pro-ecu has tuning capabilities but i'm just seeing if the $$$ difference will be worth it.

pro-ECU - $ 1000 but then i'll need larger injectors as well, so thats $400

How much would it cost just for the general (new) race upgrade. I know they come WITH larger injectors so i'll have to figure that into the price. Has anyone upgraded from the street to the race version and how much was the upgrade? I know wdsonny did, but he had Hondata already so thats a different funky story. Hondata's website says to contact Jackson Racing but i was just hoping someone else would have some insight on what an upgrade cost would be compared to just buying the pro-ecu outright.

Thanks ya'll :bow:

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
to upgreade to the race is like 1000 too but you get the injectors too then all you gotta do is get the pulley upgrade cause when they flash your ECU you'll have the 7psi maps.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
dupontrsx said:
to upgreade to the race is like 1000 too but you get the injectors too then all you gotta do is get the pulley upgrade cause when they flash your ECU you'll have the 7psi maps.
So more or less, i'd be saving myself 400 bucks because that is around the cost of injectors that i would need to buy if i got the pro-ecu. THANKS man!
hmmm i could get some nice tires for 400 bucks.... errrrrrr what to do :mad:

·
Registered
811 Posts
you dont have to buy the pulley right away actually. th ecu is autosensing according to hondata and changes fuel and ignition values based on the boost it reads from the map sensor. i think th race upgrade comes with a map sensor relocation kit as well but i`m not sure.

·
6,734 Posts
Yes, the new "flash" is auto sensing to your boost level. Either 5 or 7psi. The K-pro you can set for up to 11psi. The race kit comes with a map sensor relocator but uses the stock map sensor.

·
6,734 Posts
The race upgrade if you do not have Hondata already will be about $1000. Unless you purchase all the stuff separately and install it yourself.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the deal is that they only package the upgrade with the standard hondata, so what is involved in relocating the MAP sensor ? B/c you can buy the programmable Hondata and can buy the injectors seperately so can you buy the relocator seperately ?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did, there is no price for the MAP relocator

1 - 17 of 17 Posts