Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess this dosent just apply to jackson racing but when you install an aftermarket header do you need to get a new gasket for where the header meets the head or can you just reuse the existing stock one?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
you should get a new one

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
well i guess this dosent just apply to jackson racing but when you install an aftermarket header do you need to get a new gasket for where the header meets the head or can you just reuse the existing stock one?
It never hurts to get a new one, but if the one that's on there isn't that old you should be good to go.

·
PSU FTW
929 Posts
are you talking about the doughnut gasket?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i think he's talking about the exhaust manifold gasket

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
its up to you, but i would not reuse any stock gaskets once i have removed something. it can only help to use a new one

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Where would you go about getting a new gasket for where the header meets the engine block?

I just ordered a race header and when I take off the stock exhaust manifold I will want to replace the gasket as well.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
dealership. its only 22 bucks

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
really depends on how old the car is and how long the gasket has been on there. my gasket was not changed for 87k miles, so when i took it off it looked like crap. slapped on a brand new one, no more leaks, you'll have to break it in though, so it will smell a little

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
dealership. its only 22 bucks
So I can just go to the Acura dealership and ask them for this gasket? Does it have a specific name instead of just, the gasket that goes inbetween the race header and engine block? And what is the part number?

Also I hope the fumes aren't too bad after I install the race header, (no cat). I just read a post from some girl that she installed a DC race header and the fumes inside the car are really bothering her.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just call it an exhaust manifold gasket.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
So I can just go to the Acura dealership and ask them for this gasket? Does it have a specific name instead of just, the gasket that goes inbetween the race header and engine block? And what is the part number?

Also I hope the fumes aren't too bad after I install the race header, (no cat). I just read a post from some girl that she installed a DC race header and the fumes inside the car are really bothering her.
its called an exhaust manifold gasket, i dont know the part # but they should have the right part if you ask for that. the fumes aren't even noticable, only when you get out of the car after you turn it off. and that is only from the exhaust gasket still breaking in. might take a few hundred miles. if you have installed it correctly with all the correct gaskets (should have the exhaust manifold gasket, and a header->bpipe gasket as well) then you may not smell anything, if anything it will be extremely faint. she probably has a leak, or is just more sensitive to smells lol. the only thing that is noticable is the exhaust gases coming out of the exhaust will smell a little more gassy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts