Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off I'd like to state that its not the cleanest/sickest dc5...

I'd also like to note that this is mostly a progress thread and I will be updating as work gets done and etc.

~How she sits today/Latest stuff
*Buffed the taillights :shady:

*with the itr badge :drool:

*Injen CAI + WW Tank, Mags plastidipped and you can see the hood dampers in the top left corner :thumbsup: Don't hate on the Ebay lights :laughat: I'm in the process of doing a retrofit in some stock housings.

I also appreciate ideas and tips on how to mod or what to add next. If anyone have any idea of what they would like to see done or just want to discuss go ahead! :)

As for the short term future, I am working on a k20/k24 frank, as I am unsure of whether or not I will be keeping this body, the engine can easily follow whichever path I chose.

~Short list of mods(will keep up to date)

Interior
{
JDM ITR Key fob
Pioneer DEH3200UB
Pioneer Speakers
Kicker L5 Subwoofer
Kicker ZX500 Amplifier
Revo Short shifter
Red Recaro door inserts
Blox shift knob
};

Exterior
{
Ebay cheap headlights :thumbsdow
6000k 55w HID lo-beam
8000k 35w HID hi-beam
Type-R Replica wing
Konig lightweight rims
Mugen suspension
Liscence plate relocated
Fog lights
JDM ITR Emblems
NRG Hood dampers
Weathertech door visors
Skunk2 Camber kit
};

Engine
{
Kpro
Injen CAI + Hydroshield
RBC Manifold + Heatshield
DCSport Race header
Borla 2.25" Exhaust
Innovative 60a Motor mounts
};

~Story from the start
Spoiler:

The car was originally bought from Quebec in Canada. It was winter driver/beater... and was in poor condition, but it was the best I could afford at that time. The interior was "acceptable" but the exterior was awful, along with the mechanic(which I only figured later on). Either way, I was thrilled to go from an automatic EM2 to a 6 Speed 2.0L DC5!

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Jeremiah_Allaire/slideshow/DC5/DC5 Before

So! I drove that thing for a good 1 year trying not to sinking money into it, back then I was in college and pretty poor. But guess what, shit happens... Broke 2 shafts, blew the clutch and the gears in the tranny fell apart, in a 2 month period... that thing was haunted!(In all honesty I had not even begun to beat on the car and it was falling to pieces)

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Jeremiah_Allaire/slideshow/DC5/DC5 Mid

Nevertheless, spray painted wing and bumper, cheap Ebay headlights, burning oil like a 2stroke, the DC5 chassis was still appealing to me, I don't know why though.

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Jeremiah_Allaire/slideshow/DC5/DC5 Post

Then things changed once I got out of college! Started making money and decided to throw it on my car! Since its one of my primary hobby. What gave me a good kick in the ass is an insurance claim that got me to repaint my car white!! I obviously couldn't go for Pearl White(Which I wanted) but I wanted something really really WHITE, so I went with BMW Alpine White. The shop actually did a terrible preping job which led to a lot of issues, but then again going from red to white is kind of a big deal.

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Jeremiah_Allaire/slideshow/DC5/DC5 Painting

*If the spoilers are more annoying than anything someone point it out, I'm trying to make it as readable as possible without picture clutter :)
**I left the story part in the spoiler as there is no need to look at this twice since it won't be updated

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spoilers are fucking annoying :D. Nice work so far though :thumbsup:, should have painted the bay though.
LOL! I'll get rid of em tomorrow :p For the bay, I might paint it when I pull the k20 out :thumbsup: not sure if I'll go white or some crazy color :deadhorse

·
Registered
57 Posts
The spoilers and having to click each image link is annoying. But, alas, I managed. Great progress! The before shots... that hood is craaay. Please keep updating and no more spoilers. :p

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The spoilers and having to click each image link is annoying. But, alas, I managed. Great progress! The before shots... that hood is craaay. Please keep updating and no more spoilers. :p
Yeah I'm removing the spoilers haha! I also thought the hood was nice, but it was a very expensive paint job to do(it was the guy before me that did it) and it was full of chips(atleast 10 big ones) as the before pic was taken by the previous owner it was not actually up to date to when I bought it, she was even worst. So when I decided to paint it, it was either full red or full white.

and the images are split into albums for the story purposes hehe(since we are limited to 25pics per posts) :p

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couple updates! Taking it nice and slow since winter isn't over in Canada... a whoopin' -2 degree Celsius today...

Anyway. Got the red door inserts in.

Also got my top plasti dipped black(I'd like some opinions on that not sure how i like it)

I know, I know, I'm working on retrofitting my stock black housing :deadhorse

and my latest upgrade that made a HUGE difference in my power band... drum roll....

RBC manifold!!!(don't have pics of it installed yet I'll post some soon)

and a basic etune also :)

·
Premium Member
23,895 Posts
hey finally got to see it without the spoilers hahaha

love the black roof (i also did that) and door inserts. Any future plans for a lip kit? The 02 really needs one

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey finally got to see it without the spoilers hahaha

love the black roof (i also did that) and door inserts. Any future plans for a lip kit? The 02 really needs one
Hehe its kinda growing on me, I wasn't sure at first but I'm starting to like it. And yes I'm really thinking of a lip kit in the near future... still unsure whether to go with the Mugen(they made some pre molded for the 02-04) or A-Spec... I'm really thinking Mugen though... that rear lip really is something :drool:

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
Looks good! What are you retrofitting in to the stock housing??

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Updates!

Got my motor mounts today! oh yeah and a gasket for my TB :shady:

Was excited to get em on, but didn't realize it was quite a job! I got the first one in after a while of fucking around. Striped bolts... seized bolts.... all the hassle that comes from having a winter driven car in a humid climate area :deadhorse When I noticed I had to take my header off I just loosened the bolt and called it a night! I'll be finishing em up tomorrow :thumbsup: kinda got late

I also noticed something when I took off my bumper... My Injen filter was very wet(yeah very wet ;)) its been raining the past two days and I guess driving in the rain... some water sneaked up in the bumper. I was being very careful not to hit any puddles.:thumbsdow

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
both DRL and night lights retrofitted?
I'm doing the mini H1 bixenon retro :thumbsup:

looking good. liking the black roof haha did that too

So, this morning I finished my motor mount and also installed the gasket... for some reason there's a minor hissing noise from the bay... not sure if its the gasket or I just put the CAI on badly :dontknow: might take a look at that later...

So here's one of the bitches in... had to remove my header :deadhorse lots of seized bolts here.

turns out the guy who had the car before me put in some insert... they did little to stop the wheels hop, but then again they are only in the front and rear motor mount.

Then after hours of ratcheting quarter turns at a time... I found this bad boy :thumbsup:

Cut my time by half if not more! :rotfl: felt stupid for my ratchet

And the driver side one. Had trouble getting everything aligned on that one... no clue why, maybe my bent bumper as something to do with it :shady:

all around was a productive day! My front motor mount is currently on backorder from KSP... Innovative had trouble providing these last months. Also from R1Concepts brakes coming my way, should be here by next week, I'll be sure to update when I'm done swearing at my seized up calipers :deadhorse:deadhorse:rotfl:

·
My blood type is S
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More updates!! Got my rotors from R1Concept, great quality rotors by the way! Oh yeah and the pads from StopTech :thumbsup:

Front:

Rear:

Pads:

Soooo... yeah, first time installing brakes :baby: went pretty good I'd say!

That's a comparison with the old ones, you might not notice but the old rotor is so worn that you can't even feel the slots :rotfl:

Now, just as I was telling myself everything went smooth beside the sliders giving a little headache! I notice both of my callipers pistons are seized... turns out I had 0 braking power in the front :noes: That's fucking scary to notice... I guess :deadhorse It all makes sense, pads we're twice as worn on one side of the rotor and the other was almost new.

So yeah, 2 brand spanking new... rebuilt callipers :thumbsup:

I did the bleeding and there's no air left but somehow my braking seems a bit... sloopy? Not sure what words to use to describe it :dontknow: one of my buddy was in the car, pumped the brake till he got pressure, open up the bleed valve till the pedal was almost to the floor then closed the valve. Repeated that like 2-3 times each side. Filled with DoT4.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.