Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I thought I'd like to share what I recently modified on my 06 DC5 last month (May7th).

Package came from Japan last month (May 2nd)

You know its JDM legit (not China or Taiwan) if the newspapers are written in Japanese

This was how my busted styro foam bumper beam looked like:

Comparison between old USDM Front Bumper Steel Beam w/ Styro foam on it and JDM DC5R Aluminum Beam. Since the JDM ones are made of aluminum and painted black, it really matches my NHBP body and obviously it weighs way lighter than the USDM beams

USDM Factory steel front bumper beam (w Styrofoam) is 12.6lbs
JDM Front Aluminum Bumper beam is 5lbs
7lbs lighter plus added stiffness to the bumper

It's really easy to install since it has 3 bolt washers each side (total of 6) size 8x20 which I also purchased in Japan. "Plug n Play"

This is really the best bang for the buck. Aside from buying it brandnew which only costed me around $176.00 including 6 bolt washers rather than buying a used type R beam from JDM junkyards which only has a little difference in price. It also looks cleaner on the car. I really bought this beam because mine was rusted and looked pretty ugly plus I needed to install a M&M Front Towing hook kit that's why I did this. Thanks guys

·
Spooning on you!
6,242 Posts
dat spoon radiator. :sj:

you running oem stat and switch or spoon with the radiator? have you done any track days with it? if so how did it hold up?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
nice write up was planning on doing this too :thumbsup:
go for this route! thank you

So you don't reuse the styrofoam from your original piece then? How much weight savings we talking here?
No, I don't. tossed it. it was a mess.
USDM Factory steel front bumper beam (w Styrofoam) is 12lbs
JDM Front Aluminum Bumper beam is 5lbs

dat spoon radiator. :sj:

you running oem stat and switch or spoon with the radiator? have you done any track days with it? if so how did it hold up?
All Spoon sir.. from Thermostat, Fanswitch and DC5 Type R Waterpump.. i will be on track in 2 months.. So far everything works great coming from stock

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, any chance you can put the exact link from the Honda Access Japan site. I can't seem to navigate the site with my limited understanding of the Japanese language? :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
FYI, it being painted black has nothing to do with being JDM. All Honda replacement fenders, core supports, crash bars, etc. come painted black. Keeps it from rusting while it waits in the warehouse.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI, it being painted black has nothing to do with being JDM. All Honda replacement fenders, core supports, crash bars, etc. come painted black. Keeps it from rusting while it waits in the warehouse.
i know that bro. thanks
good thing my body color matches the standard paint for JDM bumper beams.
thanks Koopa Troopa-San

·
Registered
842 Posts
question: can you use the same bolts of the USDM beam?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts