Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took about 5 hours with a lot of breaks. The brake ducts were easy and would have only taken 1 hour by themselves.

I still have the Piaa switch working the fog lights because I screwed up the blank spot and have to order a new one, but I will post pics when the switch is done.

The black grill is just the standard expanded metal/mesh that most people are using. I used 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of low gloss black and 3 coats of clear coat. Just cut to fit and small wire ties to mount. It looks nice with the mesh that comes with the brake ducts.

Here is the finished product:

Click here for more pics!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice!!
How much did you get the Piaa for? I really want some fogs but the OEM fog are kinda expensive. If the Piaas cost a lot less, I might want to get it instead of OEM since it looks great on RSX.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
White-S said:
Nice!!
How much did you get the Piaa for? I really want some fogs but the OEM fog are kinda expensive. If the Piaas cost a lot less, I might want to get it instead of OEM since it looks great on RSX.
I've seen them as high as $275, but I got them from http://www.imotorgear.com/ for $197 shipped.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dream said:
Can you use a cold air intake with the Brake Ducts?
I am not real sure if there are space issues with the duct being in there, but I was thinking that you could fork the brake duct with some pvc and aim it toward the intake filter or you could just leave the duct portion out while still using the new bumper insert and cutting the hole in the wheel well area, that way you'd still get airflow to the brakes.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unsickle said:
PIAA 1900X in my sig pic, from Adventon
Not too bad, but the beauty of my setup is the functionality. The brake ducts give a cleaner look without the gaps of your setup and the fogs just happened to be the correct height to give a almost stock look to the fit in the lower grill opening.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey, I've been looking at foglights. How much does it cost and How long does it take to install.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
b0mbrman said:
Hey, I've been looking at foglights. How much does it cost and How long does it take to install.
Was covered in the first 3 posts, $197 and approx. 5 hours.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Looks really good man! Actually looks a lot like the OEM fogs for the previous generation Integra. I'd think about doing this mod, but $190 is a little too much for me.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
alpinersx, do your lights shine amber/yellow light? i was just wondering because piaa's site says ion crystals will shine amber light, but they don't look yellowish in your pictures.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
i just got mine...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those are some big foggies! Nice pics:thumbsup:

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
You think thoes would fit in the C West front bumper where there are already holes cut out for aux/ fog lights?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The brake ducts are designed to fit around the washer bottle, so no issues there. Since this install I put in an Injen cold air and have removed the duct on the driver side. I don't know if anyone has actually fit both the CAI and duct (so it actually cools the brakes) in at the same time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts