Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
nah, but I can definitely take some tonight. I haven't installed it yet since I've got a ton of work to do on the car, but it's a great-looking piece. The carbon fiber on it is practically flawless. Hopefully it's actually functional too, since I'm trying to build a race car, lol.

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
there is someone on here with that rear diffuser

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts

Unfortunately, it's not installed...and probably won't be for quite some time unless I stumble across a ton of money.

·
EM>TION DC5
897 Posts
yea thats not even the best of it...still waiting on TS front bumper, INGS sides, CF rear diffuser, backyard CF hatch, advan rg2 and some other little things...AHHH i hate waiting :deadhorse

·
Registered
571 Posts
i have seen pics of somebody with it on here before, there installation looked liked shit because of the fitment. But with a good install I think it could look awesome...

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Ah, looks very nice Mike! As for the front C-west underside plate, that does infact help aerodynamics drastically by speeding up the air that flows under the car and making it escape out the back faster...one could call it a front diffuser actually. The ones that stick out of the front bumper are called canards or splitters. The smoother the underbody, the faster the air flows past it...the OEM splash gaurds are really to protect the underbody + aid in air flow but that is MOSTLY for aerodynamic purposes...if honda felt they needed a bigger plate to protect the underbody, it would've came with the car. If you ever see a Insight on the road, look under the car.

With cars we try to achieve the opposite effect of a airplane, we want the air on the bottom of the car to flow faster then above the car so we create a low pressure pocket underneath the car causing air from above to push down on the car and create downforce. Also the faster the air escapes and less obsticals it has to fight, the less overall drag there is on a car. Hence why race cars have crazy flat underbodies + sit SUPER low to the ground, it forces the majority of the air over the car.

I'm curious if that front plate could work if you had a OEM lip or another lip ELSE then the C-west one which it's supposed to work with. I'd love to have that front plate paired up with the First Molding rear diffuser.

A commonly overlooked area in tuning today is aerodynamics, you'd be surprised how much more stable/faster a car can be when the aerodynamics are tuned correctly.

Mike, is your dad going to let us rob the bank or what? LOL

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
bjIII said:
i have seen pics of somebody with it on here before, there installation looked liked shit because of the fitment. But with a good install I think it could look awesome...
If you are talking about mine, then you are sadly mistaken because that is how it is supposed to fit or you have no concept of what it is supposed to do. It doesn't sit flush with the sides of the bumper, it has a small gap to it, check out FirstMolding's webpage if you think it is installed wrong or a bad install.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
K20ADC5R said:
If you are talking about mine, then you are sadly mistaken because that is how it is supposed to fit or you have no concept of what it is supposed to do. It doesn't sit flush with the sides of the bumper, it has a small gap to it, check out FirstMolding's webpage if you think it is installed wrong or a bad install.
Mine does not have a gap on sides. I have the m&m racing version but they are all made by same company.I did what m&m did and bought another bumper as well and cut it so it looks like the diffuser is just hanging there. but when i use my first bumper it fits nice and flush. :dontknow:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't know how it is supposed to look but whatever pics i saw from a long time ago, it looked like shit...

·
Registered
571 Posts
i just checked out their website it doesn't have that bad of gaps on that one. The one i saw a while back had horrible gaps...

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
There was a yellow one on M & M Honda's site that had a big gap, but I think that was just because they made the height (or lack thereof) on the diffuser adjustable.

Was it on a yellow DC5?

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
I believe the height is adjustable so if you have it raised up it can sit flush against the bumper and obivously if you lower it, it'll have a gap between the bumper and diffuser since it's lower to the ground. They can't change the bumper height with the diffuser height. So the lower it is, the more gap.

Thing looks hot though! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.