Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
RR. but I hope you realize its not as easy said than done. if you find the perfect RSX-S now get it.

·
Banned
21,941 Posts
oh come on dude, I'd totally get an RSX over a real TR.

uh... wait maybe?

·
Registered
634 Posts
doubt this will come here and if you want to spend over 30k on a civic than go right ahead. I would just find an excellent condition 05-06 type s

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Seeing how the Type-R started back in '92 and we haven't even gotten ONE JDM spec Type-R to be sold state side, I'd say don't hold your breath. The old DC2R we got here back in the day was incredibly limited and didn't have a lot of the stuff the JDM had. I wouldn't count on Honda bringing the JDM Civic Type-R FD2 to America.

Look on the Asian vtec.net website (there's a US and Asia one), it took Malaysia SOOOOOo fucking long to finally get the JDM FD2 sold there and out of every country in the world it's the first country to get a JDM Spec Type-R. Else then that, they've been only sold in japan and it's been 15 years. Who knows if America will actually get it as well, I doubt it.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
This is like the time where they said the rsx-r would come out to the us. It probably won't happen and don't get your hopes up. :rotfl:

Also, 2010, fuck that. I'll have another car by then.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
Has everyone forgotten/ doesn't know that there is already a 4 door Mugen Civic Si?!?!?!?! For all we know, we could just get somthing the Mugen Si with Type-R internals and a ECU retune for the 220hp. Civic Si already has LSD...

"and include a horsepower boost and a limited-slip differential. The prototype car shown, modeled on Honda’s JDM/ASEAN market Civic sedan, incorporates a 2.0-liter iVTEC engine giving nearly 220 horsepower"

It'll probably still have the gay USDM spec interior, too. The JDM Mugen Si interior is WAYYYYYYYY better then ours. It's like the USDM Type-S vs JDM ITR interior.

I say it'll just be a re-badge of the Mugen Si.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Bringing over any Type-R civic would kill any Si sales.

For that reason I don't see Honda doing it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
lols... flyingfish posted in the ITR forsale thread;

FAIL
why is that "FAIL"? DC2 ITR's do have double wishbones...

edit: double wishbone=no struts, correct?

because the seller of the type r said that the car included "OEM shocks and struts" and i was pointing out that Macpherson struts and double-wishbone are two completely different types of suspension.

i could be completely off base here, but if so, tell me how i'm wrong, and how what i said is "FAIL" as you put it.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
yea i like the civic r i heard they are faster than the dc5 type r

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Thats just a picture of the current or maybe even previous model euro civic type r four door.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
who cares, car is fail anyways.....

ib45kforcivic

1 - 20 of 39 Posts