Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
KUSH MASTER
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm being offered a really good deal on a pair of jdm headlights. But I want to make sure they are real and not DIY ones. Can someone tell me what's the different between the DIY and the real ones. Any special details I should look for. I tried to search for this, but didn't get to much info on it. Any replies is appreciated. :confused:

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
look for them to be a a bronz color and that the glue has not been messed with

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
since no-1 is going to help you without saying SEARCH, i'll help you.

1. Make sure it says Honda on it, it should be on the back of the headlight and also near the inner coner.
2. Just look at it, it will not be a pure black color, you will tell they are JDM's because it has a hint of bronze in it. You can tell the difference between it being just black and the real ones with the bronze on it.
3. Check the sealing, look for any tyoe of non factory sealed that can go back to them opening it and painting them.
4. If you can, turn them on facing a wall, the real JDM's will go to the left instead of the right like the USDMs. The JDM's go something like \__________ while the USDM's go something like ___________/

Hope that helps dont get ripped off, if you can get pictures of them im sure if you post them ppl will tell you if there real or not.

·
KUSH MASTER
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thx for the respond guys. I'm going to check them out this weekend and hopefully they are legit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts