Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
maybe the guy meant it has jdm hid headlights? cuz there are two type ...actaully 3 type of headlight that came with the rsx.

1) oem
2)jdm with black housing thats made for h1
3) jdm with black housing thatz made for hids

· Registered
225 Posts
JDM HID and that bulb? LOL :laughing:

What he meant was JDM aftermaket HID-like bulbs. There are tons of those floating around, really cheap too. Less than $100 for the bulbs. It uses xenon gas and makes a bluish or purplish color, but it is not HID.

· DNA all over bish!
1,989 Posts
haha the dude tried to rip you. D2R bulbs can cost as much as $100+. Actually, in reference to what tinted rsx said, the usdm stock housings are designed for D2R too. Not just the JDM headlamps. If you look at the specifications on the usdm headlamps, you'll see that they're made for H1 and D2R HID bulbs. Basically, if you could get your hands on a JDM HID set from the ITR like the ballasts and bulbs, you're effectively putting in the Japanese goods and not have to worry about blinding oncoming traffic. Or if you're like me, just get a professional retrofit :D

· Registered
225 Posts
ShoDaoGUN said:
haha the dude tried to rip you. D2R bulbs can cost as much as $100+. Actually, in reference to what tinted rsx said, the usdm stock housings are designed for D2R too. Not just the JDM headlamps. If you look at the specifications on the usdm headlamps, you'll see that they're made for H1 and D2R HID bulbs. Basically, if you could get your hands on a JDM HID set from the ITR like the ballasts and bulbs, you're effectively putting in the Japanese goods and not have to worry about blinding oncoming traffic. Or if you're like me, just get a professional retrofit :D

Real HID bulbs costs at least $100+/each.

What I was mentioning is HID-like-style bulb, like PIAA, which runs around $80.

These are not real HID, just like HID and does not require modification/ballasts/etc etc. Just bulb replacement.

:thumbsup:

· Registered
260 Posts
ShoDaoGUN said:
Nope, you can't put JDM HID into our housing, they are DR2. The only HID bulbs that fits out housing are rebased H1 HID.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.