Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the JDM Headlights, how do you know if they are HID or non-HID Headlights?

They are JDM headlights, because is says Honda on it and the beam points to the left.

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently have the JDM Headlights installed with the stock bulbs. If I installed a HID kit from Xenon Depot, would it fit?

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the difference between the HID and non-HID JDM headlights?

How will the beam pattern look with the Xenon depot hid kit?

What is the difference between the stock bulbs and the hid bulbs?

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
omg

Difference, light projection and reflection properties

beam pattern will look the same as it is now, just brighter and more clear but more annoying to other drivers

hid bulbs use gas to create light, stock bulb uses filament, hid bulbs last 12904124801 times longer than regular halogens..

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a difference in light output between the HID headlight and the non-HID headlight with a hid kit?

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I meant what is the difference between the two.

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
First of all, non-HID JDM lights + any aftermarket kit = BLINDING PEOPLE LIKE CRAZY!!

The beam pattern will be nothing but a blob of light.

With JDM HID, you'll still blind people, but you'll have somewhat of a neater beam pattern with a "cutoff" (if you can call it that with reflectors).

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
SpeeDemoN said:
First of all, non-HID JDM lights + any aftermarket kit = BLINDING PEOPLE LIKE CRAZY!!

The beam pattern will be nothing but a blob of light.

With JDM HID, you'll still blind people, but you'll have somewhat of a neater beam pattern with a "cutoff" (if you can call it that with reflectors).
Yeah, I know eh. Even if you get the D2R bulbs with the blocker thing at the top, it's still pretty blinding.

JDM is still gonna blind people pretty bad though because it kicks up to the left... into oncoming traffic.

·
5,640 Posts
If you have JDM HID and it doesn't blind anybody, then you have it aimed so low that you are defeating the purpose of HID.

Can you show your beam pattern against a wall from 30 ft away? I guarantee that it's pointing to oncomming traffic and IT IS BLINDING PEOPLE.

·
5,640 Posts
You're in denial man. If it's pointing to oncomming traffic, you're blinding people. Simple as that.

Also, you can't even see road signs at the side of the road. So what's the point of your HID? You might as well get some PIAA bulbs for $20.

·
Old Man
4,940 Posts
What do I have to be in denial about? The beam pattern is better than it would be with any aftermarket HID. Im not blinding oncoming traffic to the point where its unbareable.

I dont live in Canada so I probably dont exactly need my HIDs to see Road signs, maybe you need more streets lights where you live.

Why spend 20 bucks on PIAA bulbs when they dont even give light any light output close to halogen. I think your in denial with the fact you dont even own them to know.

·
5,640 Posts
The RSX Texan said:
What do I have to be in denial about? The beam pattern is better than it would be with any aftermarket HID. Im not blinding oncoming traffic to the point where its unbareable.

I dont live in Canada so I probably dont exactly need my HIDs to see Road signs, maybe you need more streets lights where you live.

Why spend 20 bucks on PIAA bulbs when they dont even give light any light output close to halogen. I think your in denial with the fact you dont even own them to know.

:rolleyes:

Sure boss, you know everything huh... :thumbsup:

Can you take a pic of your beam pattern from 25 ft away from the wall?

I'd like to see it.......so I can understand what a beam pattern that is blinding but "bearable" looks like.

·
Old Man
4,940 Posts
SpeeDemoN said:
:rolleyes:

Sure boss, you know everything huh... :thumbsup:

Can you take a pic of your beam pattern from 25 ft away from the wall?

I'd like to see it.......so I can understand what a beam pattern that is blinding but "bearable" looks like.
Well what do you think? Of course I know more about my own lights than you would :rolleyes:

I didnt know the purpose of HIDs was not to blind others in traffic and to shoot up at road signs, more like it was to get a better viewing of the road in general.

If everyone took your advice to buy 20 dollar piaa bulbs I suggest you get a new user name otherwise your gonna get flammed :sleep:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.