Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any JDM lights that come with a stock HID kit? cause i know that for the intergra, there are stock HID lights for the jdm lights. :dontknow:

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
yes u can get them...but the jdm lights (hid or not) point the wrong way

consider that first

as well from a cost standpoint the retrofit ones are a lot cheaper

·
e90
115,535 Posts
ssainani said:
yes u can get them...but the jdm lights (hid or not) point the wrong way

consider that first

as well from a cost standpoint the retrofit ones are a lot cheaper
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
766 Posts
true. but remember what you pay is what you get. the JDM type-R HID headlights will give you the best beam pattern and light output on the DC5. not to mention the reduce glare compare to retrofit HIDs.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
eyezonly said:
true. but remember what you pay is what you get. the JDM type-R HID headlights will give you the best beam pattern and light output on the DC5. not to mention the reduce glare compare to retrofit HIDs.
What you pay is what you get?... not when you start throwing the JDM word around.

They may have the best beam pattern, but since they are facing oncoming traffic and not road signs, they are going to have the worst output (for driving...i.e. american roads, road signs, and road paint), and increased glare. You can't tell me that an aftermarket system pointed to the right side of the road is going to create more glare than ones designed to point to the left. No matter how much you adjust them towards the ground (further reducing visibility) you're still going to get the \___ pattern.

·
Registered
766 Posts
some people are making hell of a big deal of the JDM beam pattern being \____ If you adjust it right it will have minimal effect on the opposite road, minimal enough as to not blind the drivers, and still enjoy a good beam pattern and light output.

I've been rolling around with JDM HID's and have never been flashed or high beamed. and yes I've had someone else drive my car coming from the opposite road and it wasn't blinding at all, just like any other cars on the road.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Cool... do you have any problems seeing road signs as opposed to the stock lights, or a more fair comparison, to an aftermarket HID system? And by adjusting them to mimic our roads (I'm guessing down and to the right), do you have to keep your beam pointed too close to the ground?

·
Registered
766 Posts
OEM headlights with Xenon Depot H1 6000K kit

JDM DC5 Type-R HID headlights

Another JDM DC5 Type-R HID headlights beam pattern

After upgrading from retrofit HID to Authentic Type-R HID headlights, I wished I would have gotten the Type-R HID headlights in the first time.

With the retrofit HID, yes it makes a big difference when compared to regular halogen. MUCH brighter. But as you see at the picture the beam pattern is messy and faint. (looks like crap). Other cons includes increased glare, 'hot spot' when shining on the ground, and yes I have to aim it lower than stock beam pattern because it was blinding.

With the HID headlights the beam pattern is comparable to any other cars that comes with HIDs like Lexus and Audi. Light output is smooth and even. In fact it's better than OEM headlights because it shines wider. You'll still be able to see the road signs and all.I've adjusted my beam pattern the same height as my buddy's Audi beam pattern. Glare has significantly REDUCED.. just like the Lexus or Acura HIDs.. due to the housing was designed for HIDs. On the 3rd picture you notice the beam pattern shines STRAIGHT along the wall.. you won't achieve that with retrofit.

·
Banned
62 Posts
hey eyez, how much did you pay for your jdm HID housings in total? bcoz i might get those a week after i buy my car :D

·
Banned
62 Posts
thanks.. i love your car man and i like your light output alot. it looks real crisp at night and even cleaner when u showed the beam in the daytime as compared to a retrofit one. i have jdm headlights on my lancer and i noticed my light output was dramatically cleaner too, on just aftermarket bulbs.

·
Registered
217 Posts
nice im about to get the type r hid units also and later plan on getting the tien ss coilovers nice pics

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
will the jdm HIDS have that flick color pattern change when it hits a bump like it does for a bmw or an audi? :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts