Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to jump on the band wagon here in Jersey with the people with the JDM front and rear and OEM sides. I'm planning on installing the kit myself because it sounds easy enough from what I hear. But I was just wondering if I need any "special installation kits" to put on the front and rear. Also how much is a good price for just painting the front and rear lips? I've had my Power Getter sitting in my room for 3 months waiting for this kit so that it would fit flush. Can't wait till this shitty weather goes away.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No special installation kits will be necessary, as the lips come with all necessary clips/screws. If I were you, I'd buy the OEM sides from here. If you buy them in White Pearl, you won't need to paint them.

JDM Lips (obviously) will need to be painted, and will cost ABOUT the same wherever you go. Hard to say what price for paint, but I'd shoot for about $100 per lip as there is little prep. work.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The JDM body kit already is painted, well mine was. Did you get the real thing?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
by the way the rear bumper you have to cut a piece off where the exhaust outlet is. The OEM sides are the hardest to put on.

·
Registered
587 Posts
yeah they should come painted. I think he has a whte rsx, so he has to match the paint b/c the JDM lips are championship white.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, since my car is white and the whites don't match I'm going to have to have them painted anyway, but the side skirts I got from Acura are already painted the pearl white. I have to cut my back bumper? For what? This is news to me, I thought everything was just bolt on. How much and where would I have to cut....Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

·
the overrated fig shot
3,237 Posts
1ILLac said:
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to jump on the band wagon here in Jersey with the people with the JDM front and rear and OEM sides. I'm planning on installing the kit myself because it sounds easy enough from what I hear. But I was just wondering if I need any "special installation kits" to put on the front and rear. Also how much is a good price for just painting the front and rear lips? I've had my Power Getter sitting in my room for 3 months waiting for this kit so that it would fit flush. Can't wait till this shitty weather goes away.
Oem sides should come with hardware, but jdm front and rear lips might not...i know i didn't get any hardware. Ask before you order them. And you don't need to cut the bumper for the jdm rear...please :jigglemad

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
etong, did you get the genuine Honda, or a replica? I know that you have to cut a piece of the rear bumper around the exhaust pipe, a template is included in the kit, that is for the original JDM kit though, I don't know about replicas

·
the overrated fig shot
3,237 Posts
Frenchy said:
etong, did you get the genuine Honda, or a replica? I know that you have to cut a piece of the rear bumper around the exhaust pipe, a template is included in the kit, that is for the original JDM kit though, I don't know about replicas
It's the real jdm kit from icbmotorsport...again, you don't have to cut anything. The template you're talking about is for oem kit

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i'd probably just rather buy it from them tho

heh...almost like 500 bucks for a front lip and another 400 for rear lip

shipped to HAWAII....isn't that gay?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Gatekeeper said:
by the way the rear bumper you have to cut a piece off where the exhaust outlet is. The OEM sides are the hardest to put on.
i disagree. the oem sides were a piece of cake to install. all the hardware should already be included.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Side skirts are not difficult at all to put on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the cf jdm front lip, oem sides, and jdm rear lip. The sides and rear are obviously genuine and came painted satin silver.

The front lip: Had to remove the stock lip, then install the jdm cf lip in it's place. Drilling and screwing was require (very simple). As for a non-cf front lip, i'm guessing you will only have to remove the stock lip and line up the pre-drilled wholes on the jdm lip and screw/pop screw it in place.

Oem sides: Instructions and hardware included. Remove the stock sides. Take off runners for stock sides and install them on aftermarket oem sides(indicated in directions). Install some brackets on the side skirts. Drill hole in specific spot on the underside of the car. screw/pop screw the sides in place. More tedious and time consuming than difficult. I may have missed some steps, this is just a basic idead....

Jdm rear lip: Instructions included, no hardware included :jigglemad :firemad: :mad: (You will understand this more when you see the issue yourself) *Need to find long bolts that will thread into the brackets on the underside of the rear lip. * Remove back bumper. Line up appropriate holes on rear lip and back bumper. Drill in appropriate spots ( you will have to measure and eye this). Find bolts that is long enough to fit through holes in rear bumper that you've drilled and thread into the brackets on the rear lip. Use 3M two-sided thick tape to help hold the lip in place. Bolt in other appropriate places...

Hope this helps :nervous:

·
Registered
153 Posts
integratypeS said:
Find bolts that is long enough to fit through holes in rear bumper that you've drilled and thread into the brackets on the rear lip.
Find bolts that ARE long enough.... grrr

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
oh correct us you master of the engrish language :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts