Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched most of this info and couldnt find what i wanted. That said...

I always here that the JDM Intake Mani and the ITR Cams are best used at high RPMs (with the Hondata ECU it works great, sop i hear). I also was wondering how the JDM Echaust Mani works with this. I want to do my car to all ITR (and some other JDM parts) specs and could always trust Honda's reliability and craftsmen ship. So i guess what im asking is...

Does the ITR exhaust Manifold fit very well? Does the 2-1 downpipe require a new swaybar? Will it pass smog? Any info on the Spoon downpipe vs. the ITR downpipe?

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
AtlasDC5 said:
Does the ITR exhaust Manifold fit very well?
As far as the ITR manifold goes, I just put one in last week. It is virtually identical to the Type-S manifold (the sole difference is straighter runners with less pinch) and fits perfectly.

However, I found that the ITR IM alone is a mixed blessing (see my long post of a few days ago). My car actually ran richer rather than leaner, and I lost power all the way up to about 7500 rpm. After that the car gets a second wind and reaches the power peak a few hundred rpm later than with the Type-S manifold. My conclusion is that the ITR manifold needs the ITR cams to really do its job. Since I will not get the ITR cams I'll probably put the Type-S manifold back in.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
ITR header and the Spoon downpipe is a nice combo. The Spoon downpipe will obviously outperform the ITR downpipe because the Spoon downpipe has no cat. The ITR manifold fits fine. You'll need to get a new front swaybar to clear the header (Toda, Whiteline).

· Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(noob question) does the DC5 come stock with a front swaybar that needs to be replaced, or if you were just going ot put one on you would either have to use Toda or Whiteline? does the Spoon downpipe pass smog? How quiet (or not quite) is it? And if i got the Spoon N-1 Muffler (http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=136_146&products_id=683) would the entire exhaust system be replaced?

· Registered
1,429 Posts
AtlasDC5 said:
(noob question) does the DC5 come stock with a front swaybar that needs to be replaced, or if you were just going ot put one on you would either have to use Toda or Whiteline? does the Spoon downpipe pass smog? How quiet (or not quite) is it? And if i got the Spoon N-1 Muffler (http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=136_146&products_id=683) would the entire exhaust system be replaced?
The DC5 (Type-S) comes with a front sway bar. The stock front sway bar will not clear the spoon downpipe or the ITR downpipe. The Spoon downpipe will not pass SMOG. It is fairly quiet because it has a resonator in the downpipe. I don't know what it will sound like with the Spoon muffler probably not too loud.

· Registered
213 Posts
A couple of questions regarding the Toda/Whiteline:

1) Size compared to stock?
2) Does it increase understeer?
3) Quicker turn in?
4) How much?

Thanks.

JR

· Registered
1,429 Posts
jfunk said:
A couple of questions regarding the Toda/Whiteline:

1) Size compared to stock?
2) Does it increase understeer?
3) Quicker turn in?
4) How much?

Thanks.

JR
In reference to Whiteline front sway bar...

1. 25mm, or custom.

2. depends on other factors, rear swaybar? alignment? shock/spring setup?

3. It did for me, otherwise see above.

4. I got it for like 200$ shipped from Australia. Prices are changing constantly from them.

· big magic bumpsticks soon
584 Posts
conradb212 said:
As far as the ITR manifold goes, I just put one in last week. It is virtually identical to the Type-S manifold (the sole difference is straighter runners with less pinch) and fits perfectly.

However, I found that the ITR IM alone is a mixed blessing (see my long post of a few days ago). My car actually ran richer rather than leaner, and I lost power all the way up to about 7500 rpm. After that the car gets a second wind and reaches the power peak a few hundred rpm later than with the Type-S manifold. My conclusion is that the ITR manifold needs the ITR cams to really do its job. Since I will not get the ITR cams I'll probably put the Type-S manifold back in.

it would be interesting to see you load up the itr flash on your k pro with header and exhaust and then look at your power curves. i bet if you took stock cams with itr manifold and tuned it (cam angles and all) you would get a few hp less than the itr cams.... but thats just an idea out of the blue

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
Diggs said:
it would be interesting to see you load up the itr flash on your k pro with header and exhaust and then look at your power curves. i bet if you took stock cams with itr manifold and tuned it (cam angles and all) you would get a few hp less than the itr cams.... but thats just an idea out of the blue
I tried pretty much everything so the only explanation I have is that the ITR manifold needs the ITR cams to be useful. Without the cams you lose more midrange than I am willing to give up. I switched back to the Type-S manifold.

· Registered
178 Posts
wow..... people whiteline has a distrubutor here. got mine for 147 shipping globalpartssource dot com..... justinstalled mine and it fits nicley.

· Monkey Magic
233 Posts
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=195323
that is the link to my install of the type r header and spoon 2-1 downpipe. like swiffty said, it wont pass smog b/c the spoon piece does not have a cat. diggs, attached in my post are two datalogs. both are with the type r flash uploaded. all my mods are listed in the post. the flash was not tuned for my a/f in either log as you can tell. i tuned it tonight and will post up another log most likely a little later tonight.
btw swwifty, if you look at the logs, the type-r/spoon combo rain leaner than the shorty header and testpipe like you said :D

· Registered
117 Posts
I tried the ITR header with Spoon downpipe. It will hit the swaybar. The sound inside the car is to loud for me although you can barely notice it outside. To stay completly ITR, you would need to change the front arms and swaybar for the ITR ones. I used the headder and downpipe for about two weeks and I felt the difference. I only have the V2, Hondata gasket and Hondata up-grade for the Type-S.

Hope this can help

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.