Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Photographer
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been quite some time since I've posted here since I've been out of the Honda game for a while but I'm back to ask your opinions.

I'm starting my initial research on the possibility of purchasing an early 90s JDM NSX. It's been my dream for years to own a RHD NSX and now that I'm a little more successful in my career I'm at the point where I can start considering it. Besides the fact that it will be hard to determine the car history, are there any major downsides to purchasing one over a typical USDM model? Anything I should look for or avoid? From my initial research sounds like I can expect to pay around $40k for a decent condition vehicle with around 100,000km on the clock.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The only real downside I can think of is sourcing RHD-specific parts (for instance, are windshields shaped differently under the cowl? Even if you don't break it, eventually the rock chips will reach a point where it sucks to see through and you'll want a replacement), or factory parts that may be specific to a Japan-only trim level you end up with. Also, join NSXPrime if you haven't already, and study up.

If you get one, I hope to see it driving around!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts